PDA

View Full Version : Discovery toys

JBaxter
12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Has anyone had a disovery toy party? They do them like pampered chef. They are learning based w/ no batteries. They seem to be popular around here. :7 I was just interested

here's the link http://www.discoverytoysinc.com/

nitaghei
12-16-2005, 03:00 PM
I've seen them IRL. They are very nice, and good quality. The daycare my DS used to be at had several, and they held up really well. We only had a couple - a rattle and stacking cups - and DS still plays with the stacking cups in the tub.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

"Moderation is best in all things." Hesiod

o_mom
12-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Love them - worth the cost, IMO. We have the rainfall rattle and stacking cups which I bought. We also were handed down a set of three dump trucks and a set of four vehicles (train, car, plane, ?) and all look brand new. I also was given a pounding boat without the balls and was able to order the spare parts.

It is way too easy to drop a load of money on them, so I avoid the parties and just order as needed from a friend.

rclasco
12-16-2005, 03:32 PM
At my Discovery Toys party, the rep talked about each toy she brought. She also made recommendations for a particular age & answered questions people had from reviewing the catalog. Very simple. The toys are educational and sell themselves. Practicallly all are non-battery powered. We have one - the bath submarine - that has a battery. I agree that it is easy to spend lots of money at a DT party.

Several reps I know are only reps so they can buy toys for their own kids at discounts. You can buy their $99 starter kit & you don't ever have to sell anything if you choose.

JBaxter
12-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Im glad to see everyone says nice things. I had a party and ended up w/ $90 in free toys and 2 half priced items. A chunk of Nathans christmas is discovery toys.