PDA

View Full Version : A B & M store in San Diego or Orange County, CA which sells Haba play foods?

bluestar2
12-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know of one? Maukilo doesn't have what we are looking for and it's too late to order online in time for Christmas. I'm asking for a friend who lives there and can't seem to find any. Thanks!

MarisaSF
12-17-2005, 08:38 PM
This store sells some Haba stuff. You could call to ask if they have or could get what you want:

http://www.thinkerthings.com/

It's in North County San Diego (Del Mar/Solana Beach/Via de la Valle).

Good luck!

Nosy
12-17-2005, 10:19 PM
What about Magical Child in Encinitas (North County San Diego)? (on Hwy 101). They carry some Haba, and it's a terrific store!

Vajrastorm
12-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I was about to suggest The Magical Child too.

ETA - did your friend ask the Maukilo staff about the item? Sometimes they have stuff tucked away in the back.

sdjeppa
12-18-2005, 05:28 PM
The Lily Pad in Hillcrest has cool stuff. I am not positive they have Haba toys, but I am pretty sure - they have lots of cool wooden toys, Melissa and Doug, etc.

bluestar2
12-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah, initially it was supposed to come in before Christmas and she was waiting for it but apparently it isn't going to arrive in time after all. I passed on the information on the other stores so hopefully she will find it for her DC. If not, I'm sure the kiddos will be happy to get it after Christmas. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

The Review Mommy
12-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Can anyone tell me exactly were this Magical Child store is on the 101, since it's so darn great! :) I've attempted to go there twice and each time I couldn't find it. :(

Sorry to highjack your thread :) but are there any good mom and pop baby stores around here that sell the better stroller brands and such? The only one I know of is USA Baby.

Thanks!
Rebekah

Vajrastorm
12-19-2005, 03:42 PM
The Magical Child is in Encinitas, along the 101 in the Lumberyard shopping area. It is on the south side of the Starbucks. Exact address: 967 S Coast Highway 101. Finding it via the Starbucks is the easiet. :) And on the north side of the Starbucks is a yumtastic chocolate shop called Chuao. Some of the best chocolate I've ever had.

I don't know of any mom and pop stores that sell strollers up here in North County, but I do know that the Right Start at the Carlsbad Outlets has Bobs, Maclerens, Mountain Buggys, Bugaboos, etc. The Bellini near it also sells a few strollers.

There was a store in La Jolla that sold really nice strollers, but I don't know if it is still in business. Heritage Baby, 864 Prospect St
La Jolla, CA 92037 Phone # (858) 459-2877.

The Review Mommy
12-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks Andrie!

I'm loving this Maukilo store so close to my home.... he he he :)

DDowning
12-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Heritage Baby is long gone unfortunately. I think when Britax took over for Teutonia and made that brand go mainstream that it did them in. They tried to make up for it by selling Bugaboo's but obviously it didn't pan out. :(

DDowning
12-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Duplicate.