PDA

View Full Version : Does M&D sell replacement parts? Re: Activity Cart

Canna
12-18-2005, 08:36 PM
We have been given a used Melissa & Doug Activity Cart.

like this:
http://www.thedowsschoolroom.com/classicactivitycart.jpg

But without the pieces that go with it. Just a few magnetic letters and 3/4 of the lace-on animals remain. The abacus obviously is intact and I know M&D sell a set of letters, and DD can use it to push around just about anything, but does anyone know if M&D sell replacement pieces...? The shape-sorter shapes, blocks and
tool-pieces are gone.

eb1
12-18-2005, 09:11 PM
I know M&D give free replacement pieces (in the event of a lost or damaged piece or two), so pieces should be available. Give them a call--I'll bet they'll work something out with you. I've spoken with the company on a couple occasions and they were quite helpful.

The phone number is usually on the toy somewhere.

Canna
12-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks! Their phone number was on the toy. They were very friendly. They don't make this toy anymore, but they do sell different components and I can buy those from them separately for 1/2 price and free shipping. Now I have to decide which I really want. In some ways it is nice to have the top of the cart be just open (not filled with blocks or tools) because it can be used in open-ended ways as a shopping cart, doll-stroller, etc.

They sell lacing animals, but it looks like they are different so there is no way to replace the missing pig piece.

I would like to replace the shape sorting pieces but they said they couldn't be sure that the shape sorter they sell now is compatible. They would just sell me the entire wooden box shape sorter.

I will definitely replace the magnetic letters, and I think also the tool box pieces.

I don't see much need to replace the wooden blocks as we have other blocks sets.

Any thoughts on what the best "parts" of this toy are that I should definitely order replacements for?