PDA

View Full Version : first train set for 15 month old

Babywhite
12-19-2005, 09:57 AM
We just bought the small Learning Tree Activity/Train Table for our 15 month old DD. I am planning on putting her LP sets on it, but my DH would like for her to have a train set.

Can anyone recommend a nice first train set for a girl?

TIA

R.W.

holliam
12-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I think any train set is appropriate for girls or boys. :)

We bought our 15-month old girlie the inexpensive set from Ikea. She loves trains but she doesn't quite understand the tracks yet. She prefers to carry the trains around and run them along the floor.

Holli

aliceinwonderland
12-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Yes, we have the IKEA set too and we love it...DS at 20 months old loves trains, but has no interest in making them run on the tracks, so he runs them all over the wood floor. It's all about the "choo choo"s :)

brittone2
12-19-2005, 01:58 PM
I third the Ikea set LOL :) DS has been playing with it since he was just over a year old (probably around your DS's age) and he's still using it at 22 months. The track has held up just fine and the trains are quite cute too ;) As Eri said, my son started by using them just on the floor vs. on the tracks.

If you want something bigger, maplelandmark.com sells a larger sized train by Montgomery Schoolhouse. My MIL bought one for DS when he was around a year old. We don't have tracks for it, but I believe I saw tracks on their website. DS still plays with this choo-choo and doesn't have any tracks for it.

Neatfreak
12-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Great posting karma *thumbup* I was just going to create a post asking about the Ikea train set for my 17 mo. old daughter ...

muskiesusan
12-19-2005, 03:50 PM
If you don't have an IKEA near by, I think the Little Tree ones sold by Target are nice starter sets.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

holliam
12-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Yep, I agree with this. They are nearly identical to the Ikea ones. DH just got her an expansion set from there; it was on sale, and he wanted track with splits. *eyeroll* Of course, she has no clue!

Holli