PDA

View Full Version : building block set for 15 month old

Babywhite
12-19-2005, 12:34 PM
One of my friends would like to get my 15 month old DD a set of blocks. After studying her current blocks, she really does need a "big girl" set. What would be a good starter set - Duplo or what?

TIA
R.W.

o_mom
12-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Are you looking for Lego type blocks, where they fit/snap together or Unit Blocks(plain wood blocks)?

For the Lego types - any of the big ones will probably work - Duplo, MegaBlocks, etc.

For wood unit blocks - try http://www.barclaywoods.com/home.htm there is another one that people like, but the name escapes me. You can also get some at TRU, but they are rubberwood, and may not be as nice as the maple blocks.

brittone2
12-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Maplelandmark blocks have gotten good reviews here I believe. We have the Melissa and Doug wooden unit blocks (rubberwood) purchased with an AC Moore 40% off coupon, and so far they have worked out really, really well for my DS (22 months but he's been using these for about 6 months). They get mixed reviews here, and I'm sure maple would be lovely, but I'm actually contemplating buying more M&D blocks after the holidays. We've been quite happy with them, but part of me would really like the maple blocks ;) I'm torn on which route to pursue ;)