PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Parent's magazine activity cube busy box?

christymc33
12-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I found one on craigslist for 30.00, would you recommend this toy?
Thanks!!

quinnsmom
12-20-2005, 02:59 PM
I would definitley recommnd this toy. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same toy but we have the one called "busy streets" seen here: http://www.gummylump.com/front/f_product.php?id=1824

DS is 17 months old and is just starting to really get into it. I bought it a few months ago at Target and he really didn't play with it. But now he loves to push the little cars around the track and push them through the dorrs on the top of the cube. I think he will get even more into this as he gets a little older. $30 is a good deal - I paid $50 for ours brand new.

annabellesmom
12-20-2005, 03:20 PM
My dd will play with it off and on (after having it about 10months). It was really nice when she first started to walk.

Mermanaid
12-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Mallory received one of these for her first birthday in November. She doesn't play with it too much as I guess pushing her play cash register around the house is a much bigger draw! I'm hoping that it will interest her more as she gets older.

I think it's a good deal for $30 though. My only complaint is that you have to push the shaped "beads" through cutouts on the bead maze and I think it's going to be a while until Mallory has the dexterity to do that. Of course, it's probably designed to develop hand/eye coordination so I shouldn't complain.

DebbieJ
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM
An earlier version was called Busy Park and also retailed for $50. We loved ours! It was great when ds was pulling up and learning to walk. We've since packed it away in favor of matchbox cars.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

MelissaTC
12-20-2005, 11:38 PM
DS has the Busy Park version and plays with it every day and he is 3.5 yrs. Definitely worth the money although I paid $8 at a consignment sale.

daniele_ut
12-22-2005, 02:49 PM
We have the Busy Street box and it is one of DS's absolute favorite toys. He plays with it an average of 30 minutes a day, every day. We paid $50 for it at Target and it was definitely worth the price. He particularly loves the bead maze.