PDA

View Full Version : My First Leap Pad

octmom
12-22-2005, 11:22 AM
My brother gave DS a My First Leap Pad schoolbus for his birthday in late October. IMO, it is probably a bit too advanced for Ds right now, but he may grow into it in a few months. It looks like this:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31401.jpg

One of Dh's friends sent DS a different My First Leap Pad (blue) for Christmas and I am trying to figure out if these are basically the same toy. It looks like this:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31402.jpg

If they are the same thing, I'll either return the blue one somewhere (no idea where they bought it) or possibly (gasp!) re-gift it to another friend's DD. (How awful is that!!!)

TIA!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

wendmatt
12-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I believe they are the same, just the bus has the letters without having to get another book.Has Sean tried it? I got one for DDs B-day and I think it's a bit babyish for her. She already knows her colors and numbers and letters so it doesn't really hold her attention. It does say age 3 up though. So Sean might really like it. You def don't need both.
BTW I'm not sure if I congratulated you on your girl, so Congrats! If I did then I've just said it again!

octmom
12-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks, Wendy. Sean hasn't really seemed interested in it, but maybe I'll pull it out again and see if that has changed. He knows some colors, but not letters, so I don't think it is too babyish for him at this stage. I should probably pick up another book or two to try. We've only got the one that came with it.

I'm glad to know that they are basically the same without opening the package for the blue one. It might get added to a package of things I am mailing off to a friend and her DD. ;)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."