PDA

View Full Version : Train table for Xmas - any creative wrapping ideas?

neeter
12-24-2005, 05:31 AM
We are giving DS a train table and set for Xmas, and we weren't going to wrap it...but now I'm wondering if there *is* a way to somehow wrap it or make the surprise a bit more fun for DS? Suggestions?

Thanks!!

LD92599
12-24-2005, 08:37 AM
We gave DS his on his birthday unwrapped. Basically we put the trains out the night before after he went to bed; in the morning we made sure one of us was near it ahead of time w/ a videocamera to catch the "oh wow" expression!

Could you cover it w/ a large tablecloth?

Laura
mom to William

LKibala @ optonline.net
[img]http://lilypie.com/baby3/030305/1/2/0/-5/.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/

annasmom
12-24-2005, 09:41 AM
We are not planning on wrapping our train table, but I am guessing that you could wrap the top of the table (tape the paper underneath the table - I hope this makes sense). It wouldn't be a very pretty wrapping job, but it would be something for your ds to unwrap. The only problem with that is if you are setting up the train set, the trains may get messed up. I guess you could also get a really big gift bag, the type that the sell at BRU for carseats and strollers.

Or.. maybe you could set the table up in another room, leave a note from Santa telling your ds to look in another room for a special gift and voila!

Anyway you do it, I am sure that your ds will be thrilled with his gift! Merry Christmas!

ethansmom
12-24-2005, 01:32 PM
We gave the Costco one to DS last Xmas...After setting up the tracks, etc., I took the roll of wrapping paper, held vertically, and just went around the table a couple of times, raising the height each pass. It wasn't pretty from above, but from DS's lower view point, it was wrapped. :-)

Be warned though, he opened this first and then just wanted to play with it and would have nothing to do with any other gifts!

neeter
12-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! We are still working on wrapping other gifts (and assembling the table and still need to do the tracks tonite after DS goes to sleep). So I doubt we'll have time to official wrap the table, unfortunately.

So I think we're going to do the idea of setting it up in a separate room, and then getting his reaction on video. I can't wait!

These are great ideas, I will have to use them for when he gets his kitchen next month for his birthday!

Thanks and happy holidays!!