PDA

View Full Version : Elmo Knows Your Name - Advice

deannanb
12-24-2005, 11:13 AM
If your child is getting this Elmo for Christmas/Hanukkah - here is my advice....

1. Open the box and undo the wires and plastic holding Elmo in the box. - and then wrap it up.
2. And if you want to - do the computer part too. That took at least 20 minutes to download the software to the computer and then choose the options to download to Elmo.

DS got this for an early Hanukkah gift last night and was screaming as I took it out of the box. I couldn't undo it fast enough. I swear it must have taken at least (what felt like) 10 minutes to cut plastic tags and undo twist ties. I didn't even bother to do the computer part until he had gone to bed.

ellies mom
12-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, we got DD a robot (her current obsession) and for the very reasons you gave, I removed all of the ties except one and practically removed that one and then added batteries. So come tomorrow, we are all set to go. Remember when we were little and all our parents had to do was buy batteries? Oh well.

JBaxter
12-24-2005, 07:50 PM
I did ours last night. With the way Nathan is w/ Elmo there was no way I could have waited. It may have taken 20 min to do all the programing it really down loaded pretty quickly on our computer. It is all wrapped and ready to go under the tree later :)

Emmas Mom
12-24-2005, 09:27 PM
I did DD's last week. We were too excited to try it out ourselves! lol It's so cute, I can't wait until she sees it in the morning. :)

tribecamom
12-25-2005, 08:40 AM
for almost any toy. DS almost had a tantrum while I put a battery in his thomas (think far sighted mommy refusing to wear bifocals, tiny screw, bad screwdriver, screaming 2 year old!)

Daddy and I assemble, de-twisty (some of those toys are in fort knox) and battery the night before and then wrap

FWIW!!

kali
12-25-2005, 10:30 PM
LOL! DS just got a dancing Blues Clues doll in the mail. He was grabbing at it the whole time I was opening it. Apart from him being frustrated, I got a big gash on my finger. I was so furious I almost called their customer service line right then!

It was in a cardboard box which looked harmless enough, but they had put this thick plastic tape over every seam. Once I got that off (and I had to just rip some of the cardboard) I found Blue was encased in plastic--the hard sharp kind. Okay....took that off, and the whole thing is fastened into the based with 6 twistie-ties, which were tied in knots. I'm not kidding. They must have a machine to do that part because no human could tie that wire in a knot!

At least a lot of toys now come with batteries already installed, so you can try them out in the store.

ribbit1019
12-27-2005, 10:11 AM
I used DH's to undo all of DD's wire wrapped toys before I wrapped them. I escaped christmas with no cuts!!
I have made a permanent mental note to keep the wire cutters in my purse while traveling for the holidays/birthday. Though it doesn't solve the problem for those toys that have the wires laced through them. Those I am half tempted to send the pieces and parts back to the manufacturer with a nasty note attached.

Christy
Maddy born 6/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
Little Man due 3/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby