PDA

View Full Version : High Chairs: PP Primma Pappa vs. Chicco Mamma/Polly

oviedomomjan05
12-26-2005, 03:48 PM
First time posting in this forum...

My sister is due in March and looking at high chairs. I have the Grey Chicco Mamma that was passed down to me for my year old son. I recommend it 100% but it doesn't have the removable tray. I gave in on that since it was free! I see the benefit though of the removable tray. However, I am a HUGE fan of that high chair. It is perfect for my son and I use it a lot!

So, I am helping my sister register. She really likes the PP, but I have read so many negative reviews for that chair and I want to make sure she gets the best one. If we are going to spend $140-$160 on a high chair, it had better be awesome. So, we are looking at the Chicco versions (Chicco Mamma and Chicco Polly) as well for her. She doesn't care for the fabrics/styles that Graco and Evenflo make (and neither do I) so we were primarily looking at the PP and Chicco chairs. I haven't been able to find good reviews on the Polly at all.

Any advice on these two brands and styles? We also saw the Zooper Peas and Carrots as well. I couldn't find too many reviews though. I used this board to do all of my research, so I am now reaching out to you again! Thanks!

oviedomomjan05

DebbieJ
12-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Honestly, I would wait until the baby is born and see what chair fits the child best. The chairs all have different tray heights and depths that fit all children differently.

I personally hate my Chicco Mamma (a gift from MIL) because my son is skinny and there is WAY too much room between him and the tray. Also, the tray height was initially too high when he started solids for him to comfortably reach the finger foods on the tray.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Momof3Labs
12-26-2005, 08:20 PM
We had the exact same sizing problems with the Prima Pappa (tray height and distance from seat), and I have a VERY tall DS. He is skinny, but even at 15 months, I felt like the tray was too far from him to effectively contain messes.

Have you looked at Fisher Price high chairs? They generally get very good reviews.

willow33
12-26-2005, 09:45 PM
We have the Chicco Mamma at home and my in-laws have the Prima Pappa at their house. They seem very similar to me. The Chicco has a less plastic feel than the Prima, but also means its a little heavier. Both trays seem high, but I have very tall boys so the tray height was never a problem. I do like the removable tray on the Prima, but the tray on the Chicco is easy enough to clean. I really don't think you could go wrong choosing either of them.

carolines mommy
12-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I have a grey Chicco Mamma as well and love it! We put foam underneath the cover both in the seat and back to help raise DDs up and in. Worked great for us.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

Allison_B
12-29-2005, 08:34 PM
We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care (Aquarium) high chair and really like it. The tray comes off very easily with one hand or two. It's got a great 5 point harness, a three position recline seat that is easy to change even while your baby is in it. For an added bonus it came with some great toy attachments that DD loves while I'm getting her food ready. And it was like $90 at BRU. Oh yeah, and the seat is vinyl which is MUCH easier to clean that some of the ones that have cloth seats. Anyway, those are my two cents. Good Luck!

DebbieJ
12-30-2005, 10:00 AM
>We put foam
>underneath the cover both in the seat and back to help raise
>DDs up and in. Worked great for us.

I realize that this is an easy fix, but for $150 I shouldn't have to fix anything on that darn chair!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg