PDA

View Full Version : Playskool Ball Popper- Is this thing safe?

JTsMom
12-27-2005, 04:28 PM
My sister got it for DS for Christmas, but I read on Amazon that several children have gotten their arms stuck in the tube b/c of the suction. I know several moms here love it, so I'm wondering if the arm thing is a real issue or not.

Tondi G
12-27-2005, 05:13 PM
we got it from my sister as well and I didn't know about the arms getting stuck thing but my DS's love it! I think my 4 year old has more fun with it than my 7 month old! LOL

My only problem/issue with it is that the balls start popping out the top fine and then it starts getting stronger and the ball start flying out all end up all over the room.... I think thats what my 4 year old thinks is so funny!

Anyways... it's been a hit here!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

JBaxter
12-27-2005, 05:53 PM
I have dug MANY things out of the tube but never an arm. The hardest thing to remove ( so far) was the little screw driver I had just used to replace the batteries.

FYI the cheep plastic practice golf balls work great for replacement balls

proggoddess
12-28-2005, 01:10 PM
DD has stuck her arm down both chutes and has never gotten them stuck. However, she does have fairly skinny arms. The suction of the fan is not very high.

DD has a lot of fun with the toy, but yeah, the balls everywhere is kind of annoying to clean up. But it runs *forever* on the batteries!

Oregonmother
12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
We had a three year old over at our house once and her hand got stuck in it . It was very easy to get out though. It had nothing to do with the suction, her hand just got stuck from reaching down inside to get a ball. It scared her a little, but didn't cause any harm. Every child that comes over loves this toy though. We have had it since DS 1st birthday and he has never gotten his hand stuck.

deannanb
12-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Love this toy!

DS 10 years and 1 year love to play with it!

Actually - the 10 year old and his friends love to fly the balls across the room... you have to tilt it on its side...

This is a great suggestion! I have to go find some more!
>
>FYI the cheep plastic practice golf balls work great for
>replacement balls

supercalifragilous
12-30-2005, 02:18 AM
DD received this for Christmas when she was 9 months old and she's always loved it. The music started to drive us crazy though. I don't find the suction that hard (it's actually not suction - it's just directed air flow) but DD has stuck other balls in the machine and wedged them in there before. We've popped out the offending balls and socks without a problem, though by using a "snake" (like a drain snake) - just threading something else through to push it out.

daisymommy
12-30-2005, 10:45 AM
We ended up returning it after Joshua got his arm stuck several times (trying to retrieve the Little People he kept dropping down the hole), and the last time it was bruised enough I was scared he could have broken it had I not intervened quickly enough. Too bad, because it was a cute idea!