PDA

View Full Version : PBK Retro kitchen

wrafiehi
12-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Does anybody have the retro kitchen from PBK? If so can you please let me know how you like it.

Thank you,
Widad,
Mommy to Sophia 03/25/05

kharden
12-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I ordered it but haven't received it. I have received the matching washer and dryer though, and it's absolutely fantastic right down to the working timer. The quality is AMAZING. I adore it and can't wait for the rest of the pieces to arrive. It's outrageously expensive, but worth it if you are interested in an item of this quality.

Stacie

hardysmom
12-28-2005, 04:27 PM
My mom has worked at PBK and Williams Sonoma for the holidays for the last few years, so she gets a 40% discount, making the PBK kitchens almost well priced. This year, she got the blue Metro Kitchen for my kids, and the Retro Kitchen for a VERY good friend's daughter who has helped us out a lot.

Most stores had the pink kitchen set up right by the front door and she said they were blown away that they didn't have to trade it out for a "fresh" model from the back since just about every kid who walked in the store stopped to play with it. The younger kids can be really rough. I think the week before Christmas the fridge door handle finally broke, but its run was VERY impressive.

So far, I know the family who got the Retro thinks it is a hit. The family has almost-two-year-old twin girls and a 4 yr old girl. All of them love it. With such a large number of little kids, durability was a big deal and it seems VERY solid. The older daughter particularly seems to like the timer and the parents think the working clock is a nice touch. The twins like to put dolls and stuff in the oven. I like the magnets on the fridge door.

Stephanie