PDA

View Full Version : FP Power Touch Baby vs Little Touch LeapPad

algae429
12-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi! I'm new to the boards, but I found Baby Bargains to be the most helpful book throughout my pregnancy.

DS is 4 months old, and my husband and I got him the Little Touch LeapPad (for when he's a bit older) as a Christmas gift. My in-laws got him the FP Power Touch Baby. They're much too similar to keep both. Which one should we keep?

The pros for the LeapPad is we have seen the games for sale here in town - for the Power Touch, we'd either have to drive an hour north of where we live (closer to the in-laws) or order on-line to get new games. The pros for the Power Touch is we don't know where they bought it and we don't have the receipt. However, we'd ask them for that info if we decide to keep the LeapPad.

Which do you think is the better toy for our son to grow up with?

jvorhis
12-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I got dd the Little Touch Leap Pad last year for Christmas when she was 1. She has no interest in it. I did read other peoples reviews, they have said the same thing, I should have listened. I think ours is going to Ebay.

Don't know anything about the FP Power Touch Baby though.

HTH :-)

icunurse
12-29-2005, 08:52 PM
We have both (recieved as gifts) and we really don't like the FP Power Touch. It is *way* too sensitive to the touch, so when DS moves his hand across the screen, it just makes a bunch of jumbled noises. The LeapPad is a little better and we like the books more personally. We just brought it out again for DS and he seems to enjoy it more (meaning that he understands now to press on the pictures to get a response, turn the pages, etc).
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

amck
12-31-2005, 03:37 PM
Forgive me, I don't want to "hijack" this post, but I'm interested in either of these options for a 2 y/o birthday gift. Do you guys think 2 years old is too young for this toy? Is that the problem? Or is this just a toy that will never generate interest from your kids? From Traci's post it seems like the LeapPad is the way to go... I understand OP's not wanting to keep both, but OP, please let us know which one you decide to keep and why (if you get a chance). It also seems expensive - - - buying the machine (the LeapPad) and then having to buy the books that go in it.

Why does buying toys these days feel like purchasing your first computer!!! :)