PDA

View Full Version : Baby swing 'lifting'

luvmykiki
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi there,
I have the fisher price nature's touch papasan baby swing. My baby (and so I) LOVEs the swing which is great BUT...the leg on one side 'lifts' a bit with each swing. I've tried all sorts of adjustments to correct this but I can't get it to stop. As she is getting bigger and moving her extremities more I'm nervous that the swing will tip. Does anyone have any experience with this? suggestions?
TIA
~Susan

sidmand
12-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Mine does that too. The FP Aquarium swing. I try to put something heavy on the legs to keep it down, but it doesn't seem in danger of tipping and I just try to keep my eye on it.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

juliasmom05
12-29-2005, 08:07 PM
My papasan did that too. I always thought it was our uneven floors. I don't have any specific advice for you, but it never got so bad that I thought it was going to tip over. I would call FP customer service and maybe they have a fix for it.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

nfowife
12-29-2005, 08:09 PM
ditto here. It does better on carpet, but it still does it no matter what.

Allison_B
12-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I, too, have the FP Aquarium swing that does this from time to time. I have found that it happens when one of the legs is either too far out or not out far enough. Try sliding one of those white plastic "feet" a bit to the left or right to make the angle of the base metal piece wider or narrower. Works every time for me.

Good luck!