PDA

View Full Version : speaking of customer service

tribecamom
12-31-2005, 09:08 AM
--my M&D sorting shape sizer was cracked in half staples exposed (not obvious until the plastic was removed) and M&D replaced with a phone call no questions asked even though I had No idea when/where I bought it

--Oompa is replacing a selecta wood toy that also was broken when opened (this one purchased in August)

I was impressed with both!

I also had two other wood toys arrive broken but they arrived this month so although c/s was helpful it wasn't unusual

(Is it me or is 4 broken wood toys a lot?)

bluestar2
01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, that sounds like alot! I'm glad you were able to get great customer service fromt the companies to remedy the situation. I had gotten some Haba play foods and one of the radishes broke off the stem within a day. DD was sitting next to me playing with it and I know she didn't do anything unreasonable to it. I had also given the radishes to a friend and hers did the same thing within a day or two as well. Not sure if I should take it back to the store or call Haba.

tribecamom
01-02-2006, 06:50 AM
I think I would start with the store, especially if you bought it for the holidays

kelly ann
01-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I have gotten great service from M&D before. I was missing a magnet piece out of an ABC wooden book. I never remember seeing it, but DS had played with it once before I actually flipped through it. I called M&D up and told them that it was missing. I had another piece within a couple of weeks.

It is good to see that there are still companies that practice good service :)

brittone2
01-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Me three. I had a M&D shape sorter lid crack in half right down the middle last year at this time. I called them and they were *soooo* nice to talk to on the phone and very apologetic. They sent a whole new sorter as a replacement rather than just the lid, and DS has been playing with it for over a year now without incident. It also came sooo fast... a day or two later it was at my doorstep.

I know we often talk here about M&D not being the *greatest* quality but the fact that they handled that incident so pleasantly really makes me like them as a company overall :)