PDA

View Full Version : GREAT new toy aisle at Target....

muskiesusan
01-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Target has a new toy aisle that contains Schleich animals and knights, Breyer horses/accessories, Ryan's Room stuff, puppets (both finger, hand, and a little theatre), smaller versionss of the PBK kitchen island and market stand, more wooden food, kitchen appliances/pans, musical instruments, and some other stuff I can't remember! They just put it up in our store last night.

I had to remind myself I was at Target and not my independent toy store. The selection is small, but still some great stuff!

Of course they would do this after Christmas!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

kaileysmom
01-05-2006, 11:47 AM
I said the exact same thing! I was in our Target on Sunday and saw everything I was searching all over town for Christmas presents. Our Target didn't have ANY kitchen stuff and now there's kitchen stuff all over! The same with wooden toys.

trumansmom
01-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Suuuuuusaaaaaaan! (said in my whiniest toddler voice)

Why did you have to tell me this? I'm just going to cross my fingers that they didn't do that here.

mumble, mumble, must not buy more toys, mumble, mumble, no! mumble, don't need more toys, mumble, mumble, mumble

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

elliput
01-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I noticed this last night at my Target also! I was wandering the aisles, thinking to myself that I didn't recall seeing any of these items before Christmas. I feel better now knowing that it is new and not that I just missed it before!

kelly ann
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I am not sure this is from that "aisle", but DS got a bunch of musical instruments in a box from Target for Christmas. He loves it - the set includes, spoons, harmonica, kazoo, mini-maracas, etc.

mypa
01-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I saw the same things at my Target yesterday in So. Cal. i was especially impressed w/ their kitchen stuff/wooden foods. For those who are experienced in these things, how do the price and appearance compare to those you've seen elsewhere? Do you think this is going to be our one stop center for all our DC kitchen stuff? I think Target must have gotten wind of all the kitchen/wooden toys mania from this board-maybe there is a Target toy buyer lurking here!!!

annasmom
01-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I am so excited to check this out! I have been so jealous in the past when people have mentioned that they have bought wooden food, pots and pans from Target! I cannot wait to check out the Ryan's Room stuff! I am actually really spoiled too, I have three really great independent toy stores nearby!

tzipora
01-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Oh, wow! One of their employees told me last week that it would take about a week for them to restock and re-set the toy department, but I had no idea they would be getting in such great stuff!

I told my mother about the wooden food that they had (very briefly) had at the Target near me, and she was wondering whether they'd be getting it back in... I guess this answers that question!

Thanks for letting us know about it!

Babywhite
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I actually logged in tonight to share the same thing! I almost fell over when I was in our Target today. We have the same things you guys mentioned.

I bought DD the Ryan's Room lacing snake that someone mentioned a few weeks ago. I had to really work hard not to buy...buy...buy... :):)

R.W.
SC

ett
01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I was also pretty excited to see that my local Target had some Ryan's Room stuff. I didn't see the other stuff yet, so they must have not put it out yet. Will have to check it out next week. This is definitely bad news for my wallet. :)

OSURPh
01-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Just got back from my Target and was WOWED by the selection of pretend food and cookware. The wooden food is made by Battat and the sets are just adorable!! My favorite was a "Lunch Set" that had tiny veggie sticks (carrots, celery) and a container of veggie dip!! There were also some cute baking sets, a great realistic-looking silverware set and dishes set. I had 3 sets in my cart, but talked myself out of them because my daughter has so much already.

My bet is that this stuff will sell fast. Unbelievable that they put it out a week after Christmas!!

Laurie
DD Megan 11/03

kaitlinsmommy
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
I have to restrain myself from going until I need more diapers! I'm so glad I got several Target gift cards for Christmas. We're moving into a new house with a playroom so we'll need more toys, right?

Vajrastorm
01-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I saw the same stuff at my Target. Thankfully I managed to restrain myself. We almost walked out with more kitchen stuff and a Schleich animal or two.

daniele_ut
01-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I saw these today too and was really impressed. I restrained myself, though and walked out empty handed!

June Mommy
01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
I got a chance to see all the new stuff today and I'm so totally impressed! I didn't get anything since DS has too many toys already, but there was LOTS I wanted! I wonder if this is a one-time only thing, or if it is something new that Target will continue to have??

lisams
01-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Just got back from Target, and WOW!! Of course we had to get two horses, DD is all of the sudden in love with horses and her eyes lit up!

Side note, DH was so excited to see Bamboo sheets and pillows. I guess they're more environmentally friendly.

I love how Target is trying to set themselves apart from the competition. Heck I just love Target period.

Mabster
01-07-2006, 01:57 AM
Ditto to all of the above. I can't believe I just about killed myself looking for wooden food and size & age appropriate cookware and suddenly it's all here, in one nice row, at every Target I've been to.

The wood food is nice but I find it a bit small compared to the M&D stuff that we have already. I like that you could buy just a frying pan for $5 (this of course I find out the day my package from CreativeBrains shows up with my M&D wood set...)

I actually found two sets of wood food in Walmart tonight too. It's strange I tell you, suddenly there is wood food sprouting all around me.

On a side note, I got a big kick out of the fact that my DD put chunks of carrots from her M&D Cutting set in top of her M&D pizza today. Kid thinks out of the box, what can I say!