PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm looking for a push type learn to walk toy......

ista2trek
01-05-2006, 09:31 PM
My DD is almost 8 months, and showing interest in pulling herself up. I'd like to get her a learn to walk toy that she can use, but won't be tippy. I can't really justify anything too too expensive, as she is our last baby, and it wouldn't get handed down. I see that alot of people like the Haba ones, but it's a bit pricey. Does anybody have the "Around the Block Wagon" by Parent's? I'm just wondering if anybody had any feedback about it? Would you recommend it? I found it online for a price I'm comfortable with, but would like some advice before I buy it. If this isn't a good one, what would be a better choice? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!
Fawn

elliput
01-05-2006, 10:43 PM
The Radio Flyer Walker Wagon is cute, though a few $$$ more than the Parents Around the Block Wagon.

http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/rad12.html

ista2trek
01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks for your reply, and the link! I think this may be just what I'm looking for. It seems to be more stable, and not much more $$ than the Parents one. Although it doesn't come with the extra blocks and toys, I think the stability is a fair trade-off.

julieakc
01-06-2006, 01:06 AM
I have to agree with Erica's recommendation. The Radio Flyer Walker Wagon is great! I wish I had discovered it before I had bought some other plastic things. He loves the wagon. It is very stable and can go as fast or slow as they push due to the clicker wheels. DS like to put things in the wagon and push it around, or sometimes he crawls into himself (tight fit but he does fit) and wants us to push him. I figure that even though it is a little more expensive than some other things it will probably be something he uses for a few years since it isn't really babyish, KWIM? For me it was worth every penny because he could actually push it without me having to weigh it down, etc.

BTW I don't know if they still have some, but I bought mine from kidsurplus.com which had the best price at the time I bought ours.

missym
01-06-2006, 08:20 AM
We were very happy with this wagon when DD1 was learning to walk. She still plays with it sometimes, and it is in great shape for DD2. It also doubles as a toy bin!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05