PDA

View Full Version : Little People Sales?

Mabster
01-05-2006, 10:22 PM
If I remember correctly, after Christmas / January was the time to get closeout Little People Sets last year. Now that I'm looking for them I can't find any thus far. Am I remembering wrong? Anyone see closeout prices anywhere? DD's birthday is next week and I thought I'd pick up anither set if they were on sale somewhere. Thanks in advance!

kaitlinsmommy
01-05-2006, 10:33 PM
I looked too! All I found was the farm for $20 at Target, which we already have. I really wanted to get some more sets.

Mabster
01-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Ooh! The Farm is actually the one I'm looking for. Will have to check my Targets again! Thanks!

kaitlinsmommy
01-05-2006, 11:34 PM
I hope you find it! I saw it last week so I don't know what's left.

safarimom
01-06-2006, 07:50 AM
I got the castle for $14 at Target on clearance this week. They also had the house & garage on clearance for $20, but there was only one of each left. I imagine they will be pretty hard to find, unfortunately. Last year Sears.com had a killer sale on them, but sold out quickly & shipping was outrageous. I bought a few Little People items at Kohl's for 50% off before Christmas this season. They had a very limited selection though. Their regular prices are inflated, but with the 50% off they were still cheaper than other places. After Christmas last year, I picked up a couple of the small sets--farm animals for 50% off at Walmart. Another potential source for you might be Big Lots. They had a bunch of the small sets for a few $ less than retail before Christmas. Not sure if anything is left now though.

Canna
01-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I saw the farm on sale at my mom's Target in Houston but didn't want to carry it back on the plane to Connecticut. I visited my Target two days ago and they have farms, but at $27 (their regular price).

icunurse
01-06-2006, 10:33 AM
I was at Target yesterday and saw that there is a new LP castle - pink! Is the other one discontinued now? I can't see them selling a pick and a gray one.... Also, I saw the LP pirate ship - cute!
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

bchafin
01-06-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't know where to find good sales (I'd do what pp suggested). I have seen a lot of new sets coming out. They have changed the Noah's ark (It now has an elephant) and the castle has been girlified. It is all pink! I don't know why they have to do that! The plus is that you may be able to locate the older styles on sale. I know that WalMart had the ark for $10 before Christmas.

There are also some new sets that are too cute! They have a pirate ship and accessories that are great and they have three little dinosaur sets with cave little people! It is all so cute! Just what I need, more toys after Christmas!

safarimom
01-06-2006, 10:52 AM
The new Lil Movers airplane is REALLY cute. We scored one at Kohl's before Christmas purely by accident at 50% off too! I understand they are hard to find now. I've only seen them on Ebay recently.

bchafin
01-06-2006, 11:11 AM
I saw that at Target. Very cute! They are really getting me in trouble!

Mabster
01-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Well, I hit the stores again today in search of LP deals. Tonight I found the Ark for $10 and the Night at the Ball set for $7 at Wal-Mart. I had a clearanced Ferris Wheel from TRU (9.97) but decided against it at the last minute b/c it was missing both people. Other than that, nada. I may try Kohl's tomorrow but if I don't remember seeing any LP sets before Christmas.

I did find a nice wooden washing machine on clearance at Target - was around $50 and I got it for roughly $25. Don't remember seeing that ever before - there or anywhere else. I wonder if it's from the new wood toy aisle, although I can't imagine why something like that would go on sale so soon after arriving in the store. I don't remember who made it - didn't sound like a brand I had heard of. They also had a wooden microwave clearanced but I didn't pay too much attention to it since there is a microwave built into our KidKraft kitchen.

EDITED TO ADD: I think this is the one I picked up (not sure, it's out in the car). If so then I'm incredibly pleased with the deal I got!
http://www.pokkadots.com/babyclothes/wooden-washing-machine.html
http://www.pokkadots.com/images/products/detail/WW-WM_dt.jpg

babyready
01-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Our Target did have the barn. I saw Noah's Ark for $10 at Wal-Mart along with a boat set for $11 and the old zoo (animal sounds zoo) also for $10. I bought the zoo but I'm having second thoughts since I think I would rather get DD the a-z zoo.

HTH