PDA

View Full Version : A few specific Thomas questions!

neeter
01-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Is there a way to use suretrack to secure a bridge? That's the one piece that keeps getting "undone" and I purchased suretrack but can't figure out a way to use it for the bridge! Thanks!

Also, we currently have the water tower figure 8 set. I think we need to expand this, because the figure 8 only fills up half of the train table, and DS can't reach over the table!! I'd prefer to make a layout that uses the outer perimeter of the table (sort of like at Barnes & Noble). I went to AC Moore and picked up this 60th Anniversary Set since they had the 50% coupon, but now I'm not sure if this the best set that's compatible with the figure 8. (They didn't have the figure 8 expansion pack, I'm not sure if they were just out of stock).

http://creativetrains.com/thwora60anse.html

It was still expensive, $50, after the coupon, so I'm not sure if the purchase is the best one (and justified).

What do you think? Thanks!

rclasco
01-09-2006, 08:25 PM
"It was still expensive, $50, after the coupon, so I'm not sure if the purchase is the best one (and justified)."

Do not worry! That's alot of track & accessories for $50. I tell my friends to buy as big a set as they can afford because buying accessories & track individually gets very expensive. Unfortunately, that's what we did. We started with a Figure 8 set as well & my son now has quite an elaborate set. Enjoy your 60th anniversary set & hope your child will not want more destinations, bridges, or tunnels!

Edited to add:

"Is there a way to use suretrack to secure a bridge? That's the one piece that keeps getting "undone" and I purchased suretrack but can't figure out a way to use it for the bridge!"

If you are referring to the arch bridge, the suretrack will only work on the ends of the bridge, not the arch. I haven't tried it, but maybe wood glue would work for the arch.

neeter
01-10-2006, 05:06 AM
hi regina -- thanks for your response, i really appreciate it. ok, so we'll keep the anniversary set. :) good to know, i hope we can come up with something nice with the two sets together. i'm such a thomas newbie, and its expensive so i want to make sure each purchase makes sense! (luckily for us, sofar, my son has no idea who thomas is, and can't beg yet for additional trains/bridges/tunnels, though i think i'm the one who wants more...the mountain overpass is cool!)

thanks for your help with the suretrack. i was afraid of that, the suretrack not working on the arch. the arch can only be used with that bridge, right, so no reason not to glue? (again, afraid to make an $$ mistake!!)

thanks for your help!