PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Sony babycall monitor

tilly2321
01-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I have read how great this monitor is. We have to monitor two rooms. We already have a Graco 900mhz monitor. Do you think this will interfere? Also, is the Sony parent unit able to be used with batteries? Where can I get the best price online? Does BRU sell it?
Thanks,
elle

kusiakje
01-09-2006, 02:56 PM
The Sony monitor is pretty great, although if you're already using a 900 mhz monitor, there may be some interference. On occasion, we had some problems using 900 mhz cordless phones while the monitor was on (we've since upgraded all of our phones to 2.4 ghz so no problem). The good thing about the Sony monitor though is that one version has 27 different channels to work with to possibly minimize the interference.

The parent unit is battery operated. I haven't used the battery on ours though because we never need to move the parent unit. It stays in our bedroom all the time. Someone else might be able to tell you more about how long they last and such.

When I bought ours about 6 months ago, I couldn't find any deals online. Every place seemed to be about $50. BRU does carry it...although I've heard that some of the stores didn't have it in stock. To get the best deal, I'd look for a coupon code that will give you a percentage off any purchase.

HTH,
Jessica

Mom to Katarina (DOB 9/16/05)