PDA

View Full Version : Best trike for 2 yr old

KrystalS
01-09-2006, 02:13 PM
I want to get my dd a tricycle for her bday(feb 3rd). I know the Kettlers are supposed to be the best. We live in Hawaii so I don't think they sell them anywhere here, unless TRU sells them. I know that shipping would cost me a fortune if I ordered it online. Are there any good alternatives to Kettler that I could get at TRU? I know she won't be able to pedal for awhile, which is why I thought I would hold off on a Kettler until we get back to the mainland. I know that I want one with a basket or a bucket in the back.
TIA

JFC
01-09-2006, 06:14 PM
We have a Kiddio - made by Kettler and we bought it at TRU last summer. Not sure if they are still in stores (in fact, check your store - ours in closing). I know they are sold at TRU.com for sure. We've been really happy with it - it has the pushbar and bucket in the back (it basically looks very much like the Kettler trikes). HTH!

new_mommy25
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I live in Hawaii.

Thinker Toys had a bunch of Kettlers during Christmas. Even if they don't carry them right now they could probably order one for you.

I ordered my Kettler from https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/display/1188/0/ during a co-op. Shipping was $50.

rclasco
01-09-2006, 08:01 PM
We bought a Kiddo from Toys R Us as well. My son likes it and there haven't been any problems. Check out the reviews on the Toys R Us & Amazon websites.

brittone2
01-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Another vote for Kiddio. They are actually made by Kettler but you can't add on accessories unlike the Kettlers, and the warranty isn't as good. We have the Supertrike 4 ordered through TRU online (I don't think the brick and mortar stores carry this any longer) with a coupon code for under $100. It has air tires (which actually say Kettler right on them), push bar, seatbelt, dump bucket, etc. but no autofreewheel or steering lockout . DS will be using it on gravel and grass mostly so we wanted air tires. I didn't want to shell out the money for the Air Navigator, and the Air Happy is still pricey but doesn't have a dump bucket.

The Kiddio Supertrike 1 and 2 get good reviews if you don't need air tires and they are pretty inexpensive. Some TRU stores may still carry the Supertrike 2 I think?

The Radio Flyers do not seem to get good reviews here or at Amazon, but I don't have any personal experience w/ them.