PDA

View Full Version : When did you start using the Kinderzeat?

smilequeen
01-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Did you wait until the reccommended 18 months? or did you feel OK with it earlier.

We just got a blueberry Kinderzeat for DS and I have been using it when I can sit down right next to him the whole time. He's 13 1/2 months and belted in. But I wonder if it's really too dangerous for that? He still sits in his highchair when I need to be up and about cooking, cleaning, whatever while he snacks. The KZ is so much easier to clean though...

lilycat88
01-10-2006, 12:11 PM
We just got ours over Christmas so DD was 18 months when we started using it. I would have been comfortable with her in it long ago if we had it then. I would have probably done what you are. As long as I was right next to him, use it.

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04

holliam
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I tested my DD in one at a store the other day (she is 16 months) and I decided to wait a couple more months. She is a bit of a monkey and immediately wanted to climb down, which she has never tried in her highchair. So, I'd like her to be a bit more confident and skilled at that before putting her in it.

She refuses to use a highchair in restaurants now, though, and the boosters there annoy her. So, we now carry her booster seat everywhere!

I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before she refuses her highchair at home. *sigh*

Holli

Vajrastorm
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
We started using ours at 11 months. :) At that age I never left her strapped in unless I was right there, and we never had any problems. Dd hated highchairs with a passion (too confining) and loved the KZ. A friend of ours started using one with her boy when he was 11-12 months too.

I love our KZ.

squimp
01-11-2006, 12:45 PM
We started using it around 15 months, but I wish I had started using it a bit earlier. We LOVE it! The harness worked really well for us, and we still use it, but mostly to keep DD from putting her feet on the table while we eat.

aim
01-11-2006, 02:08 PM
We starting using ours at 12.5 months and have not looked back - at about 18 months he could crawl up himself and wait to be buckled in now at 2 he just climbs up and buckles himself in - he is a pretty easy going kid though

Amy
bennett 1-14-04