PDA

View Full Version : Automoblox cars question

ett
01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
I was thinking about getting one for DS with the 50% off sale going on at creativebrainsonline.com. I was on their website and saw that one of the features was that all of the parts were interchangable. My question is, for those that have bought these, how many did you buy? Do you think it's necessary to buy 2 so DS mix up the parts. (I was originally only thinking about getting one).

Thanks.

kboyle
01-15-2006, 10:47 AM
i've been debating getting DS1 a the truck. I don't think it's necessary to buy 2. If your DS doesn't know that the parts are interchangable, then he doesn't really need two. If you are only getting him it to play and not interchange parts, then 1 should be fine and if he loves it and discovers that the pieces come apart, then you could look into getting him another one.

rclasco
01-15-2006, 01:38 PM
I don't think it's necesary. However, I did buy my son more than one because he likes to play with multiple cars/horses/trains/etc at one time. He's always making them talk & interact together.

ett
01-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I think I will go ahead and just get one car first.

tilly2321
01-23-2006, 11:43 PM
My son loves these cars so much. I did get him the set with all three, but he is content to just take them apart and not really mix them up. Once I showed him, he thought it was pretty cool, but he loved them even before that.
They are really neat.
Elle

Elena
01-26-2006, 02:17 PM
I just got my order yesterday. My son is in complete bliss! I highly recommend these cars. I was not in the market for a $34 car, IYKWIM, but at 50% off they are so worth it. Even though DS is only 1.5, he can pull them apart and put them together. His fine motor skills are quite advanced though (he buckles and unbuckles his Kinderzeat belt dozens of times a day), so this is a perfect amount of challenge for him. Cognitively, of course, he can't understand what he's doing and exactly which way to put the wheels on, for example, so I have to help him sometimes.

The cars are really nice looking and of high quality, a cut above your standard plastic/die-cast junk overflowing the toy stores.

My vote is if you are looking for an upscale present for a 3-5 year old boy, get these for sure. Younger kids will enjoy them too in the limited way.

By the way, I got a sedan because it consists of 4 parts, not 3 like the rest of the cars - more bang for your buck.

ett
01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Well, I finally caved today on the last day of the sale and got the sedan. The sale ends tonight at 8pm EST. The sedan and pickup truck are still on sale at creativebrainsonline.com.

beulamae
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
From what I understand, cars from different years are not interchangeable. Although maybe this is something that they are fixing for the next years models, but this years aren't interchangeable with last years, so I would assume that is the way it will be from now on.

Amanda

mypa
01-31-2006, 01:39 AM
I just read a blog by the guy who created Automoblox (the poor guy what he went through!) where they changed from a totally inept manufacturing co. in 2004 to a great manufacturer in 2005. I don't know if that's the reason they aren't interchangeable or if it is in the design. Here's a link, it's a great read and made me appreciate these cars even more (I got all 6).

http://www.core77.com/reactor/02.05_automoblox.asp
(may have to copy and paste)

kboyle
02-01-2006, 01:04 AM
I wish I would've never looked at this post again. Now I want one and the sale is over. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

OH well, maybe for Easter I'll get one for his basket :)

ett
02-01-2006, 03:13 PM
They are now 33% off as opposed to 50% off. The sedan and pickup truck are both $23.32.

Corie
02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
I saw these cars pictured in the Dec. 05/Jan. 06 issue
of Cookie magazine. Thought they looked very cool !!

I'm glad that I missed the sale at Creative Brain otherwise
I would have been obligated to buy some!! :)

I really need to find them elsewhere though. I live in Texas
and I think it's crazy to pay for tax AND shipping!! Yikes!
(Creative Brain is located in Texas.)

Corie
02-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the great article! It was a good read.

I just sent an email to Automoblox asking about their cars
interchangeable potential. I want to know if the cars
manufactured in the current year 2006 will be interchangeable
with future cars.

After reading the article, I had assumed that the 2004 cars
were not interchangeable with the 2005 cars due to the
different manufacturers.
This is just my guess! So, I decided to send an email to
Automoblox to get an answer on this.

kboyle
02-05-2006, 01:00 AM
why did you tell me that.....off to look :)

Corie
02-07-2006, 09:03 AM
I just got an email back from the VP of Consumer Relations.
I had asked her about the future compatibility of the
Automoblox cars.
Here is what she said:

"We are very pleased with the quality and response of our new factory and do not intend to make any changes in the future. Because we had to retool with a new vendor, we decided to make some improvements to the design. All future lines of Automoblox will be compatible with the 2005 vehicles on the market today.

If you have any other concerns, please let us know."

Sincerely,

Susan K. Hoffman
VP Consumer Relations
Automoblox Company LLC

Hope this helps!! :)

beulamae
02-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Now taht I know they will be interchangeable, I'm kicking myself. After christmas there was one on clearance at a kiosk at the mall for about $15. Even if it was a 2004 (it didn't say) that was a good deal. But if it was a 2005, that was a fantastic deal.

Amanda

rclasco
02-16-2006, 12:51 PM
>My son loves these cars so much. I did get him the set with
>all three, but he is content to just take them apart and not
>really mix them up. Once I showed him, he thought it was
>pretty cool, but he loved them even before that.
>They are really neat.
>Elle

We recently gave the set of three to my son for his 4th birthday. He loves them! He does interchange the parts. I think they are fantastic in terms of motor & cognitive development as well as playability and quality. I highly recommend them.