PDA

View Full Version : Crooked Burners on WillowToys Kitchen??

youngmommy
01-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I just got my Willow Toys kitchen this morning. I was extremely excited to see it, but I was so dissapointed when I opened the box and discovered how the burners are set up on the stove top. Has anyone else noticed that the burners are sortof crooked??

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31781.jpg

I looked again at the pictues on their website, and the burners there seemed a bit crooked too, but not this bad.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31782.jpg

Should I call them about it?

Thanks.

jd11365
01-16-2006, 12:10 PM
It's hard to see, but they don't look crooked. They look like big and little next to each other.

JMO.

youngmommy
01-16-2006, 12:19 PM
I guess I didn't express myself very well. I mean that all the burners are all smushed over to one side of the stovetop. I wish they were centered on the stovetop area.

I did call WillowToys and sent them this picture. The guy on the phone was really nice. He agreed that the burners were set off to the side and offered to exchange it for me or to compensate me in some other way. He said that I could think about it. So I'm not sure what to request. We didn't get the fridge yet because of the expense, and I was thinking about asking for a discount on that. I am not even sure what's reasonable. Any suggestions?

LBW
01-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I think if it really bothers you, you should exchange the kitchen. No amount of discount on the fridge is going to recenter those burners. You'll be bothered by them every time you look at them. I wouldn't expect any discount in addition to the exchange.

jd11365
01-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Ahh, now it makes more sense to me. ;)

I agree with PP. If it's just going to drive you nuts, you should exchange. There's nothing worse than looking at something everyday that bothers you, kwim?

smallestangel
01-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh boy, I see what you mean. To me, it looks like the top burners are kinda smooshed on top of the bottom ones a little, and not spaced evenly.

That sucks, because that is something that would bug me and I was planning on buying one from them for DS's birtday.

Amanda

youngmommy
01-16-2006, 10:34 PM
<Sigh> I think you guys are right. I hate the idea of the haassle, but the guy at willowtoys was willing to make the exchange for me.

Amanda: I assume that he will pay more attention to this in the future, but if you mention it to him when you place the order I'm sure her will make sure he's sending what you want.

I could just cry! We've been waiting for this kitchen.....
I hope he'll give us some sort of future discount anyway for the hassle.

Thanks for you input.