PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing a corolle calin doll....

christymc33
01-19-2006, 10:59 PM
I am looking to buy DD a Corolle Calin doll for her first birthday, but I am having trouble deciding which one. DD has brown eyes, so I was thinking of the Laughing bright, but I think I like the face better of the charming or others, do the laughing bright, or any of the laughing dolls have cute faces, or does the teeth and open mouth look awkward? I have an aversion to scary looking faces on dolls. It is hard to tell from the online pictures. Does anyone have any input?
Thank you so much!!

Canna
01-19-2006, 11:14 PM
OMG - You are my soulmate in this. I obsessed and obsessed over dolls for my DD's 1st birthday (next week!). DD also has brown eyes. I did google searches and looked for all the pictures I could find of Calin dolls! Finally I just went to our local toy store that had Calin and Tidoo dolls in person. I ended up choosing the Laughing Bright Calin. The teeth are VERY tiny. They are not noticeable and I think the doll has a pleasant face. I thought I might not like the face but in person it did look happy and sweet enough and the teeth were not a big deal. I liked the bright outfits the best so for me it got down to between the Laughing Bright Calin versus the Tidoo Suce Pouce Striped. I prefered the feel of the Calin body and also I wasn't terribly wild about the Tidoo's mouth which is formed so that it can suck its finger. Anyway, I think that the picture on the Corolle website of the doll looks pretty accurate. Ours is already wrapped up or I would try to take a picture of her for you!
http://www.corolledolls.com/corolle_catalog/product_detail.php/pid=439~subid=93/index.html

bluestar2
01-20-2006, 12:58 AM
We have the Charming and the Tidoo (red stripes) and I really like the Charming, whose facial expression is sweet and innocent looking, not scary at all. I didn't see the Laughing ones IRL so I don't know how they compare. I prefer the Calin over the Tidoo because the body is more substantial than the Tidoo which I think is designed for the bath and therefore has less beans or whatever it is they use.

kharden
01-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Ive been looking for a sweet first doll for my 7 1/2 month old, and went through the link. That brand makes a little doll for 0-18 month olds, and I love it. So glad I looked at this post. :)

Stacie

sdbc
01-20-2006, 11:54 AM
FWIW, I would go with the face I liked best, rather than eye-color. DD is 20 months old and I really don't think she notices eye-color at all, even though she knows her colors and is obsessed with talking about colors of other objects. We have the calin charming, I think. She has on a pink outfit and pink hat. Her face is unbelievably sweet.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

The Review Mommy
01-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I think this website has the best true to life online pics I've ever seen! :)

Corolle Page
http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/index.html

Of course, the doll you are considering has a less than perfect picture, (kind of fuzzy) so I would suggest looking at the Calin with hair. That is the same sweet face the Laughing bright will have. For the Tidoo I think the pink one has the best true to life pic. PP's are right, they are very innocent and sweet looking.

I've seen these in person and they are all just beautiful!
Rebekah

christymc33
01-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Thank you so much everyone for the help! I felt silly asking about it, but you ladies made me feel so welcomed, and you are so helpful!
I am so excited to pick one....they sound really great.