PDA

View Full Version : Air Navigator Kettrike owner - is it worth the money?

smiliedds
01-19-2006, 11:32 PM
I have been researching on the different Kettler models and am almost ready to commit. But for those who actually own the Air Navigator model, do you think it's really worth the money? Would you recommend a less expensive model?

TIA
Rebecca

Toba
01-20-2006, 12:01 AM
We bought our son the Air Navigator for his first birthday. I'm not sure I can recommend another, as this is the only one we've tried/had. My son absolutely loves it and we even take it to the indoor mall/outdoor shopping malls sometimes instead of the stroller (this always garners many comments LOL). The last time we used it though, we had a problem with the front wheel locking up. Haven't used it since, and my husband hasn't taken it apart yet to find out what's wrong with it either. I can tell you it stunk to have to wheelie him through the mall (putting pressure on the push handle to keep the front wheel up), as it wasn't like we could carry the thing back to the van. I've never heard anyone else having a problem though, so it's probably just an isolated incident.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

eb1
01-20-2006, 02:04 PM
We own the Air Navigator, and I do not regret it.

ETA: I wanted all the features and am very happy I did not skip them for a less expensive model, but it really depends how often/where you plan to use the trike and what age your child is, etc. A lot of people here have been very happy with less expensive models.

mtrattner
01-20-2006, 04:06 PM
We have it and love it! DD is 15 months and runs to it every time we take the dog for a walk. Problem is we are in CO and sometimes she needs to be more bundled in a stroller. We use it quite a bit and have not had any problems. It was for DDs 1st bday and I wouldn't have known what else to get.

new_mommy25
01-21-2006, 03:38 AM
We love ours but it depends on how old your DC is. We got ours when DS was 15 months old so we could push and steer him easily. It;s been great in that since. If I were to buy the trike now I probably wouldn't bother with the navigator because he is just about pedaling on his own. I do love the air tires and recommend them if you will be going over grass or uneven sidewalks etc.

txmomtobe
01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
I think I'm going to buy my son the Air Navigator for his first birthday. I was wondering if you ladies also purchased the seat belt for this age. I'm just worried since he is still young he won't be able to hold himself up.

Thanks.

eb1
01-23-2006, 07:20 AM
If the Air Navigator doesn't come with the seatbelt (I can't remember), definitely buy it for a one-year-old!

mtrattner
01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
We got the seat belt, bell, front basket and foot rest. We have been happy with all parts. DH was trying to back up and the trike kind of jack knifed and the seat belt held DD in so I highly recommend it. The basket is great because she puts her water cup in the front and a toy and we put our stuff in the back bucket! She also loves trying to figure out the bell!

:) Melanie

Neatfreak
01-23-2006, 11:11 AM
My daughter received an Air Navi for Christmas - she's 18 months. It just seemed like a sensible idea to purchase the extra seatbelt for her. We still need to get a helmet before the spring comes.

On the main topic, we went with the Air Navi as we really didn't want to buy a model without the air tires and regret it in the future.

txmomtobe
01-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for all the responses...I didn't mean to hijack the thread...we're definitely getting a seat belt. By the way, the cheapest deal I've found is as Great Beginnings using the coupon code gbbaby to get 15% off and you get free shipping. I'm ordering the seat belt from another site since they don't offer it here. Is there anything cheaper?

new_mommy25
01-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I would buy the seatbelt and the footrest. They are worth the $$. The basket and the bell is great too.

smiliedds
01-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Thank you everyone for your response.

Rebecca