PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Little People?

twinkie
01-22-2006, 03:45 PM
DS got a couple of Little People sets for the Holidays, and he ADORES them! He has a playground, a small carwash, and a small horse stable. Anyway, I want to get him some more, but I am not sure what stores have the best prices. Do they ever go on sale? TRU never seems to have deals on them, at least not since I have been looking. I checked Target, but nothing was on sale, and Walmart is a bit of a hike from here. If their prices are worth it, though, then I go to Walmart. Any good deals online? Walmart.com had an amusement park set on clearance, but the shipping made it not worth it. I think I want to get him the garage and the A-Z zoo, but if there are good deals on other sets then I would get those, instead. I am not too picky.

Thanks!

babyready
01-22-2006, 05:26 PM
I am only familiar with B&M stores and it seems like they all run the same around here. Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU. Wal-Mart is actually a few cents cheaper, but basically they are all the same on just about every item. Before Christmas, they each had some great deals. The A-Z zoo was $30 at Target and TRU. Then, after Christmas, Target and Wal-mart had some good clearance sales.

Not sure how you feel about used toys, but the resale stores around here usually have some good sets that are in pretty good shape at decent prices. And last summer I got some GREAT deals at a couple of garage sales (I think I paid 30 cents for one set)

Sorry I am not more help! Good luck!

safarimom
01-23-2006, 11:13 AM
I bought a few pieces at Kohl's before Christmas when they had 50% off. The prices were slightly cheaper than Walmart, Target, etc. with the discount since Kohl's tends to jack their before sale prices a bit. They also have a very limited selection of LP.

I also got some of the smaller pieces before Christmas at Big Lots. They also had limited selection & just marginally reduced prices. I did get some of the harder to find sets there like the farm tractor, ferris wheel, stable, quarry.

Then's there's always Ebay, but deals are iffy there on new sets. The best bargains are usually used sets, if that interests you.