PDA

View Full Version : peek a blocks

mommabear
01-22-2006, 11:58 PM
these seem so popular. I am thinking of getting a few for my son but don't like the toys that go with them. Many seem so big and loud. Are the blocks fun alone. I got him some haba discovery blocks which I will give him in a few mon. Does he need these too?
thanks

elliput
01-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Skip the regular Peek a Blocks since you already have the Haba Discovery Blocks. However, the Bucket o Builders may be a good complement to them.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31926.jpg
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/infanttoys/product.asp?id=35244&media=484536&history=2&s=bupeek&index=2&pos=2

In this set, the blocks come in different shapes and sizes and they fit together like bristle blocks. DD was given these for her 1st birthday and has a good time putting together and pulling apart the blocks. Also, they are a bit more tactile than some of the other peek a blocks I have seen. I, too, had skipped getting into the peek a blocks due to the large toys (and DD's daycare has a set of the blocks), but this set I would highly recommend.

94bruin
01-23-2006, 11:29 AM
I actually have the round ones. I don't have any of the large toys that go with the blocks. Dd LOVES to drop them from her high chair and watch them roll around on the floor! It's annoying to pick them up, but it's sooo cute to watch her watch the ball roll around! She loves to roll it around on her booster tray as well. If you don't have any round balls, I'd say go for the round ones instead.

simba
01-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't get the Peek a blocks if you have the Haba ones and do not plan to but the toys which go with them. They are cute alone, but nothing special.
HTH

jbintz
01-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Just as a side note. If you do decide to get hte peek a blocks we have the peek a block train. Not big, not that loud but both of my boys loved it from 4 months until about 2 yrs old.

Jana

jennifer_r
01-23-2006, 05:47 PM
I agree with a PP - skip the blocks but the balls are actually pretty good - we have the one's that make different noises and DD#2 still loves to play with them. We don't have any fancy toys to go with those.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

kimbe
01-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Another vote for the roll-a-round balls. DD can hold them really well and she loves to look at them. She loves to watch them roll!