PDA

View Full Version : Steam cleaner for carpet - worth the money

oneontheway
01-23-2006, 09:00 PM
I am looking for a steam cleaner for our carpets. I don't really want to rent one because the older boys and dog are always dragging in mud and now that the baby is crawling I am paranoid.

I have heard the lower end model from Bissel (around $68) works pretty well but I know it doesn't actually have a steamer. Any suggestions on other models that work really well or will this one suffice (can't beat the price)!!!

Thanks!!

sophiesmom
01-23-2006, 09:27 PM
There is a post about this in the bargain/coupon section. Someone really liked the Hoover Agility SteamVac (i just wrote it down for myself) from Amazon.com. I think was over $100 though . I'd like to buy one too. I've asked around about carpet cleaners (to hire) and no one has ever been too impressed with work they had done. My carpet installer did tell me to make sure whatever is used does not actually wet the carpet. I guess a steam or dry clean. :-)

oneontheway
01-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I just found the Agility on Costco.com for $179.99 including shipping. The best thing about it is you can return it to a Costco warehouse at ANY time for a full refund! Which I love because if I am unsatisfied with a purchase (especially a $180 one) I feel so much better knowing I can return it :)

I think I am going to get it... hopefully it will work wonders!! Let me know if you end up getting it and are happy with it.

mommyapb
01-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I would suggest checking out Capture Carpet Cleaner. It is a dry cleaning method that was recommended by our carpet installer. It is a 2 step process where you spray the carpet with a pre-mist and then sprinkle with a dry cleaning powder, rub in & vacuum up in 30 minutes. With your boys & dog bringing dirt in constantly, this would be a great way to keep your floors clean. I buy the spray & powder (sold seperately)at Home Depot. You can get the set for $25-$35 depending on the size you buy.

Good Luck.

Amelia
DD #1 due in March

PS- The entire Capture system is non-toxic and safe for pets & kids.