PDA

View Full Version : Wooden easels

Globetrotter
01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I realize this has come up before :) I read the other posts and got some ideas, but I think some of you may have purchased a wooden easel since then. Which one did you get, and are you happy with it?

I have been postponing this for some time, but I know my kids will LOVE it, so it's time!

I want them to have the option to hang paper on it and draw, and it has to be wooden, sturdy and reasonably attractive, since I'm trying to shed the daycare look!

TIA,

Kris

sdbc
01-26-2006, 11:27 AM
We have the Melissa and Doug one and it's been a big hit. I have no complaints. It's not magnetic, but that's what the refrigerator is for. :).

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

lizamann
01-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I promote it every time an easel question comes up, so you've read this before, but I love the one from Ikea. And I do really like the magnetic aspect to it. Dd can hang her own paper pretty easily because of that. The chalkboard side is really nice, too, unlike some complaints I've heard about others being hard to draw on. I personally think it looks more neutral and less daycare-like than some of the primary-colored ones, too.

zuzu
01-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Another vote for the IKEA easel. I know some have had issues with it tipping, etc., but we've been happily using ours daily for well over a year now. The magnetic and chalkboard features have been great, too!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

miki
01-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I went to an IKEA on Long Island around the holidays and they were out of easels and was told they would not have any until sometime in 2006. But they had tons of the easel paper. The easel has also disappeared off their website. Hopefully they will re-introduce it.

Globetrotter
01-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks. I will check those out! Does anyone have the one they sell at TRU? I think it's Imaginarium.

Kris

tribecamom
01-29-2006, 06:38 PM
we bought the easel from community playthings and have been thrilled with it--they are very sturdy and the storage is great

icunurse
01-30-2006, 12:33 PM
We have the one from TRU. I think it's pretty much the same thing as the Melissa & Doug one. It has all the same features, is nice and sturdy, too.
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!