PDA

View Full Version : Flutterbye Cradle Swing

bethany1023
01-24-2006, 08:04 PM
We went to register this weekend, and I have read many reviews of the FP Ocean Wonders cradle swing - I really like the idea of going side to side or back and forth. However, the pattern is not to my taste. I do however like the Flutterbye dreams version of the side to side swing.

Does anyone own this? Like it/ love it/ hate it?

I can't find any information on the features, and didn't spend enough time with it in the store to see how it's different from the OW version.

Many thanks
Bethany

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009352BU/qid=1138151055/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl75/104-0350489-8692769?v=glance&s=baby&n=507846

clc053103
01-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I haven't seen this swing IRL, but I have the Ocean Wonders version and the Baby Papasan version- all three appear to be the same swing with different "bling"- Papasan has a plusher seat, different things on the mobile, plays different songs....but they all have the same basic controls etc. The front to back and side to side option really did sell me on this swing. The Graco open top is easier to put baby in (I used them at my gym) but DS likes the FP swing better- and I think it is easier to use with the dials on top too than the buttons on the side of the graco that I still can't quite figure out.

One word of warning- takes 4 D batteries and I replace them about every 4-6 weeks!

bethany1023
01-25-2006, 11:34 PM
4 D batteries? Between the swing and the mobile I think we're just going to invest in Duracell - it'll be cheaper than saving for college for her!

Thank you!
B

mommyoftwo
01-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Both of our dd's have slept in the OW swing and we were buying batteries 2x/week. It was getting really rediculous. So we bought a battery charger and two sets of batteries. We have to change them at night and then in the morning because they don't last nearly as long but it's so much better than buying regular batteries so often. There are so many toys and other baby things that need batteries that we have found the charger to be a good investment. Ours will charge any kind of battery including 9v.

bethany1023
01-27-2006, 02:05 PM
That's a good idea - thank you. They seemed to like the OW swing? perhaps I just need to get over my aversion to the pattern, and wait and see what works. I have repeatedly heard that when it comes down to getting your crying child to calm down you'll do anything - as long as it works so you can get some peace.