PDA

View Full Version : ISO Train Table

stephanie2377
01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Hello!

My son will be turning 1 in March. For his 1st birthday, we want to get him a wooden train table. In the beginning, it will be more for other toys. But, eventually, we want to have trains on it (my DH LOVES trains and is hoping my son will love them, too!)

I don't even know where to start. I don't want to pay $300 for the Thomas table.

I want one that is sturdy and will take the abuse of a toddler. We plan on getting the IKEA wooden train set, also, to give to him later in the year.

I would love recommendations! Please forgive me if this is a duplicate question. If this has already been covered, please point me in the direction of that thread.

THANK YOU!!!
Stephanie

dogmom
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
There is a store on eBay, the name is something like Little Kid Stuff, that sells train tables and a train set package that is really nice. It's taken a good solid year of HEAVY abuse here and is still standing. (Like dogs jumping on it.) We got a table that is set in and you can put a lid on, but they have conventional tables. If you do a search on train tables on ebay you should find them and then the web site for their store. I got a great train set & table for under $200. I think it was made by Kid Craft (the train set).

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03
& Eve
EDC 6/18/06

The Review Mommy
01-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Check out this thread. :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=46951&mesg_id=46951&page=2

HTH
Rebekah