PDA

View Full Version : PBK Anywhere and Target Play Wonder Princess Chair

mommy111
01-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi!
I've been eyeing the PBK anywhere chair enviously for months, but alas don't have the $ to buy it. Recently I came across this chair at the target website (Play wonder princess chair)http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/602-3399824-1294238?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BTTQXM
Does anyone have it or has anyone seen it at a target store? If so, how do you think it compares to the PBK chair? Is it soft/comfy enough? Does your DC like it?
Thanks in advance for the answers (and oh, to have all the money in the world!!)
Ady

ellies mom
01-30-2006, 09:22 PM
We don't have it but we have seen it IRL. It isn't as nice as the PBK one but it is a lot cheaper. It seems comfy enough but I haven't sat in either. DD was too distracted at both PBK and Target to tell you if she had a preference. I do have to say that it is really cute and is one of the ones I'm considering.

You should be able to find it at your local Target now.

Ohio_Mom
01-31-2006, 04:42 AM
I bought the PBK anywhere chair on ebay for $25 + $13 shipping, brand new and still in the box. You can also find plenty of slip covers on ebay, though I bought the cover directly from PBK because I wanted my daughter's name on it. Regardless, I still ended up saving over $50 on the chair once you factor in the exorbitant shipping charges from PBK!

The anywhere chair is great, though. My daughter sits in it ALL the time. If you can find a great deal on one, I would totally recommend it!

mommy111
01-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Wow! Do you remember the ebay seller by any chance? There are some these days with a seller weststarimperial, but I don't know if they are new or not and the seller does not respond to emails, which, per the feedback, is an old problem with this seller. (BTW, does anyone have any experience with this seller?).
Thanks!

kaitlinsmommy
01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
That chair is adorable! DD has the PBK chair and, while I think it's nice, dd could care less about it. She would be just as happy in any chair & honestly, would definitely favor a Dora or princess chair. I say go for the Target one; it's very pretty.

The only other thing to consider is washability. The slip cover can be removed from the PBK chair (and ours has needed to be washed).

mommy111
01-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Kim, I'm going to hit the local target and the PBK (DD hasn't seen any of the chairs in person) and see which one she falls for. Also will check to see if the target chair has a removable cover...that is a very good idea b/c anything she sits on definitely needs frequent washing!
Ady

gogo548
02-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I just had to respond. I JUST bought this chair for DD tonight. I saw it a little while ago and couldn't stop thinking about it. Well, when I went back to get it, it was gone. 3 stores later, I found it! (The last one at that store btw.)

So, I would say, if you're gonna get it, you better hurry. :)

It's very pretty and seems really comfy. DD (14 mo-old) only got to try it out for a few minutes, but she was snuggling up to it.

gogo

gogo548
02-01-2006, 11:23 PM
btw, I was also going to post that they had some really cute reasonably priced gardening playtoys too. They had pop-up playhouses, sandboxes and play tunnels among other things. I'm going to go back and check it out some more.

gogo

mommy111
02-03-2006, 11:56 PM
OK, you have me convinced. I was bidding on ebay for the anywhere chair, but since it looks like your DD liked the princess chair, we're hitting the local target. Glad you responded!!
Ady