PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean spit up from carpet?

michlyn
02-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Right now I'm just using plain water in a spray bottle. I think I need something stronger, though, yet still baby safe.

JBaxter
02-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Try some water/vinigar in the spray bottle It seemed to cut the sour smell when Nathan was going through his reflux phase. Its also great in the "potty oriention" phase when you dont *hardly ever* get to the potty when the pee pee starts LOL. It safe and cheep. If your interesed in other environmentally/children safe cleaners ( like window cleaner & psudo soft scrub) I found a GREAT book that was recommended by another bbb member (mudder17) "Clean House Clean Planet" by Karen Logan. Its great for all kinds of cleaning solutions you make from no toxic materials.

Momof3Labs
02-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Nature's Miracle, found in pet stores, is great for removing stains and odors, and is baby (and pet) safe.

michlyn
02-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!

tilly2321
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I absolutely love "Bac out" by Bio-kleen. It is all natural and has enzymes that really kill the bad odors, but do it safely. You can find it at health food stores or even at drugstore.com (although I don't think that is the cheapest place} DS had the stomach bug and puked on his carpet. Bac out removed the smell so easily.
good luck.
Elle

sue_g
02-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I have used Folex carpet cleaner. It is in a white bottle. I got it from Home Depot, but I recently saw it at Target.

supercalifragilous
02-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I second the Folex also. DD's spit-up turned our beige carpet a weird pink color after just rinsing it with water, but the Folex got it out. It's not "organic" but it does claim to be nontoxic. I love Folex for removing ANY kind of stain, even in clothes - it got out an almost year-old stain out my favorite sweater (I couldn't bear to throw it away) when DD vomited all over me. It took a few cycles in the wash but I was persistent and now you can't see any traces of it! Folex is the BEST!

BTW, @ our Home Depot, it's usually found in the carpet section, not the carpet cleaner section for some reason. I've also seen it at Safeway and WalMart in the carpet cleaner section. It's a nondescript plain white bottle with purple letters so it's easy to miss.