PDA

View Full Version : pottery barn kids retro kitchen in red!

holliam
02-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Okay, so I'll preface this by saying that I am seriously crazed!

Pottery Barn Kids just released the retro kitchen in RED. Oh MY! It's the first time I've had play kitchen lust!

Right now we have the cruddy cheap wood one from Babystyle. Mari really doesn't like it at all. She LOVES playing with the kitchens at Pottery Barn Kids, though.

Anyway, does anyone have feedback on the retro kitchen that has (until now) been available in pink?

I did a search but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Holli

hardysmom
02-05-2006, 04:00 PM
My mom works at PBK. For Christmas she got us a Metro Kitchen (the blue one) and a Pink Retro for a close friend.

In the PBK strores, the pink kitchen is usally placed near the front of a store and she says that almost every child who comes in play with it. Despite the HUGE wear-and-tear, they did not have to "refresh" the floor model from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I'd say that is a pretty good indication of the durability.

The friends who got the pink kitchen love it and their kids (a 4 yr old and 2 yr old twins) are all over it. Personally, I love the little details like the magnetic fridge door and working clock on the stove.

We also love our Metro... the only incident was when one of my 2 yr olds put the PBK skillet in the oven and slammed the door shut. The handle of the pan broke the plexiglass window on the stove door. Pretty easy to replace, though.

holliam
02-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Thank you!! Excellent point about it getting all that wear and tear in the store.

I went ahead and ordered it today. I just love it. I realized that the washer/dryer is available in red too so I got that too.

Holli