PDA

View Full Version : Easter Baskets

jillmk
02-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi! I have a 2 yo DD, and in another month I'll have two more girls. Last year after the holiday I bought 2 of the large PBK Easter baskets w/ liners for under $25. (Not anticipating twins!) So now we need one more--but PBK isn't making the large baskets this year. :( We can make do with just 2 baskets this year (and hope that PBK makes the large ones next year), but I would like to find one more nice basket. I can't give these huge nice baskets to just two of the girls and leave one out. I'm so bummed about this! Has anyone else seen nice Easter baskets anywhere? Thanks in advance....

Jill

mom to little e
02-05-2006, 03:36 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. First of all though, congratulations on the upcoming birth of twin daughters! How exciting for you!

For DS we bought him the Longaberger basket the year of his first Easter, but now their basket this year is so small. I really wanted each to have a LB basket as a keepsake to use each year but this one may be too small. You might look at some of the other LB baskets to see if they have one the size you need. Maybe someone else will hae some good ideas.

Maryann

Ean Bennett 11/06/03
Mia Elizabeth 01/04/06

neeter
02-05-2006, 03:36 PM
You may want to check ebay -- I just tried and there are a bunch of new ones there for sale. Some are already monogrammed; others aren't. Good luck!

sophiesmom
02-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Try Lillian Vernon. They have cute ones w/ liners, and cheap! I bought 2 of the PBK ones last year after Easter. They were a good deal ( i think paid @ $30 for 2), but I would've been disappointed in them if I paid full price. My friend paid about $90 for 2 before the holiday!

jillmk
02-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check Longaberger and Lillian Vernon. I've been watching ebay for a couple of weeks, but they haven't had any of the large baskets or liners lately, just the small. (which is still big, but not the size I need.) Thanks again!

CiderLogan
02-06-2006, 02:27 PM
How about giving the two matching baskets to the twins and buying a different one for your older DD? That way it won't look as odd to have one that's different from the others....

Congrats on the upcoming birth!

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!