PDA

View Full Version : My 2 and half yo DD needs her first doll...Suggestions?

littleme2
02-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi, I can't believe that she doesn't have a doll yet. My mother got her a doll stroller...now I need a doll for it. What would you recommend? I went to TRU to buy one but I got very overwhelmed with the all the choices. Who knew that there were this many dolls out there?

Do I need a certain size?
Do I need an electronic one...cries?

Is vinyl okay for the doll?

I have a TRU gift card that I would love to use, so if it's availble there, it would be great.

Thanks.

mommabear
02-06-2006, 10:24 PM
At that age I would keep it simple. No crying or peeing etc...
I personally like dolls with vinyl head arms and legs and a cloth body. They are cuddly and easy to keep clean.

these are cute
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000BK9U1Y/qid=1139282462/br=1-18/ref=br_lf_t_18//103-8206857-5231864?v=glance&s=toys&n=14341391

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001YJFL0/qid=1139282368/br=1-8/ref=br_lf_t_8//103-8206857-5231864?v=glance&s=toys&n=14341391

ErinP
02-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Baby Annabell is always a big hit with kids of all ages. She cries, giggles, drinks, and sucks on a pacifier, but easily can be shut off. Very lifelike without overdoing it. Very well made too.

momofmany
02-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Try the Corolle Dolls (you can google on that name to get some sites to purchase them). They are beautiful dolls for little girls - they are lightly vanilla scented and have lovely hair. They are vinyl dolls - but are soft and nice to hold. Another option is a bitty baby or a bitty twin from American Girl. A bit pricy, but a great doll.

Good luck!

Becky - who lives in a house w/ three girls and lots of dolls.

mommato2boys
02-09-2006, 05:39 PM
I will second the corolle dolls, they are nice dolls.

But I love Bitty Baby. It is well worth the money and make it a special doll. She is very cute. And the clothes are adorable!!!! Some people cringe at the price, but let me tell you , they are worth the money. Bitty baby doesn't have hair to come, so it is easier for little girls. But if you want hair, the bitty twins are popular and very cute too!! And if you don't need the boy doll, there are always people on here that would love to buy just the boy doll!!!

www.americangirl.com

And bitty sets them up for an american girl doll later!!!!

Mikesa3
02-09-2006, 11:08 PM
The Tidoo doll is nice because it's soft but can still go in the bath tub,then dries quickly. The only minus to me is the body is a little floppy. Here's link http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?follow-pro=1&vwcatalog=kidsurplus&catalog=kidsurplus&query=tidoo&image.x=18&image.y=14
HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

KrystalS
02-10-2006, 12:13 AM
My dd is 2 and she has tons of dolls, including Baby Annabelle and Bitty Baby. For Christmas one of my relatives got her a water baby, it is the only doll she plays with! She loves it! She carries it everywhere, and takes a bath with it. Plus they are cheap, the one she has only cost $10 at Walmart.

bluestar2
02-10-2006, 02:38 AM
DD has the Corolle Calin doll and loves it. It's the perfect size for a toddler (12 inches) and is cuddly. The body is beans or pellets and the head and limbs are vinyl. She can be positioned to sit upright and her face isn't scary like some of the other dolls I've seen. We also have the Tidoo but I don't like it as much because the body isn't as substantial but it can go in the water. I've been afraid to let her take it in the bath though since I'm not sure how to dry out the inside of its head when it gets wet. The eyes open and close so there is a small space where water can get in.

tjham
02-13-2006, 12:56 AM
My 4 1/2 yr old granddaughter's all time favorite for several years has been the Baby Chou Chou by Zapf, the small one (14 inches) not the 19 inch one. She likes her Baby Annabell but I feel she is just old enough for it now, would not have been at 2 1/2.

http://shop.zapf-creation.com/na/shop/detail.aspx?id=723223&l=us

Mikesa3
02-16-2006, 02:02 PM
I think the eye sockets are closed so thet water can't get in the head. Though it could get behind eyes,they should dry out. Our seems to be ok.HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

bluestar2
02-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks! I live in a humid climate and water getting into the head without drying out would be a sure dolly-death due to mold/mildew growth. Maybe we'll give it a go soon!