PDA

View Full Version : Does battery powered Thomas run on same track as the regular Thomas?

littleme2
02-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Does battery powered Thomas run on same track as the regular Thomas? Or do I need to buy a whole new track?

Are there any other battery powered trains available besides Thomas?

I have the Water Tower Figure 8 set, but my 1 yo and 2 yo are not really into it. A friend had the battery powered one and they both loved it. I was hoping to get it for my son's B-day. I just don't know if I have to buy a whole new set or just the train.

Thanks.

Momof3Labs
02-07-2006, 10:29 AM
As long as it is the one compatible with the wooden track system (you have to check the package) - don't go to Target and buy the cheaper ones.

August Mom
02-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes. The battery powered engines run on the regular wooden track as long as they are part of the Thomas Wooden Railway system. We had never had a battery-powered engine before Christmas when my mom bought DS several. The thing I noticed is that with the battery-powered engines, DS just likes to turn them on and watch them go whereas he really plays with the manual ones (makes up stories, changes the cars that the engine is pulling, etc.). For this reason, I'm not a big fan. Plus, they go through batteries fast.

The main engines come in battery form - Thomas, Percy, James (I'm not sure about Edward and Henry). Also, some others do to, such as Lady.

Good luck.