PDA

View Full Version : play house?

babysophia
02-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a play house? I have an 11 month old who is constantly trying to sneak into the dog crate so I figured I should get her a place of her own! Thanks,

Susan

Lynnie
02-07-2006, 07:56 PM
we never got one, but had the little tykes activity garden, and I think the best thing about that was the door that would open and shut. So, I would say anything with a door that opens and shuts. (but that won't pinch fingers of course). Big boxes were always a hit too, but that's not nearly as fun as picking out a play house !! good luck, I'm sure you'll get some great recommendations here.

miki
02-07-2006, 08:05 PM
We have this one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008YSQ9/qid=1139360478/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-9824578-9351356?v=glance&s=toys . I liked that it isn't so big (it's in our living room), the sides are pretty open so I can see DD when she's in it, it has the door and shutters to open and close, and it has a little table/seating area inside so she can sit with a friend or pretend with a doll. We've had 5 year olds over playing in it with no problem even though it's one of the smaller houses we saw.

Beth568
02-07-2006, 09:58 PM
LOL - my 14 month old loves the dog crate, too! :)

We have a PlayHut play tent (I bought it on eBay, new, for about $10, I think) and it works really well indoors - lightweight, easy to store, easy enough for the kids to get in and out. We also have a Little Tykes playhouse outside, but if space and storage are issues for you, I think the nylon folding tents and houses are great for using inside.

julieb
02-12-2006, 02:09 PM
We also got the Little Tikes garden when DS was 7 months. It's no longer being made, but you can find it on ebay. DS LOVED LOVED LOVED it and played in it every day. So we also got him the Step 2 Neat & Tidy Cottage for his first birthday. GREAT buy at only $150 and I like it so much more than traditional playhouses because it's so open. More light and I can interact and play with him more. I love that it has a molded in floor to contain messes and the molded in chairs/table. He also loves the shutters, door, phone, and doorbell. He now plays in this instead of the garden (will put that away for baby #2). Step 2 also makes a smaller cottage if space is an issue, Four Seasons Playhouse. It still has a tiny table and molded seats, but I don't think it has a phone or doorbell. Still a steal at $99.