PDA

View Full Version : What would you add to these baby #2 gift baskets?

jeniferrlynne
02-07-2006, 09:18 PM
I am trying to come up with something different for my SIL. I don't want to spend over 60$. She has the everyday run of the mill baby items (bouncer,swing,carseat, h.chair, nursery decor, stroller, monitors, etc . So here is what I have thought of (not much):

feeding themed basket - snack traps, straw cups & tiny diner etc?
diaper themed basket: a good diaper bag?, diapers, wipes, etc?

Any more ideas for these baskets? another theme perhaps or something you mom's of more than one couldn't live w/o?
Thanks!

eta new title

AmyZ
02-07-2006, 10:53 PM
The shirts are so cute and different -- you could also do a "big sibling" one too! Corie organized a co-op going on now!
I sent 2 shirts off to a friend because I know she has all the practical stuff -- although your themed basket idea is really cute too!

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana May 2/5/04
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

kharden
02-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I loved getting a gift certificate to a local photographer to get newborn photos taken. I ended up getting a new family picture taken as well. :) You could do a "picture perfect family" basket with a gift certificate, frame, and maybe a sweet poem about kids or families?

Stacie

CiderLogan
02-08-2006, 08:29 PM
I love the diaper, feeding, and photo themed basket ideas. I have done the feeding one before - esp. with all the disposable stuff these days (those forks/spoons, cups, storage things by Take and Toss, the sticky placemats, etc.), I felt it was all useful and probably would be needed since the old stuff might be gone. Although, as a 2nd-time mom-to-be, I do really like the diaper themed one since I remember how quickly we went through diapers and how expensive they are! The problem with that is that a good diaper bag will set you back so much that you won't have any to spend on diapers! So if I were you I'd stick with the feeding or photo ones.

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!

traciann
02-09-2006, 01:32 AM
what about a medicine basket? with tylonel, motrin, saline, gas drops and diaper cream. maybe add batteries for the swing/bouncer. I know its not "fun" but a second time mom would appreciate that kind of stuff. i know i would.

hth!
traci

jeniferrlynne
02-09-2006, 12:53 PM
I still can't decide especially now that you have given me additional ideas. what great feedback!

jerseygirl
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I would add real silverware to the feeding gift basket. After my DD got the hang of eating, she wanted silverware (not plastic or cartoon themed characters) like the rest of the family. I think Oneida makes a cute set.

Or, skip the baby #2 basket altogether and get do a "second time Mommy" basket. I'm expecting #2 in April and I could really use some me time!

Maritess

VenusElon
02-09-2006, 04:36 PM
For the feeding basket-is she nursing or formula? You could sign yourself up for free formula from the freebies list and include that and bottles, or at least new nipples. Or if nursing you could buy some Purelan, disposable breast shields, nursing bra or tops, maybe a nursing stool or Boppy pillow. Also a I Love My Big Brother/Sister bib

Diaper basket-travel size of Purell(checkout aisle of Target), folding changing pad with pockets for diapers, wipes, etc (I don't know the name-about $6 most places). And Butt Paste.

What about a sleeping basket? Does she have a miracle blanket or swaddle me? You could do the blanket and a copy of Happiest Baby on the Block or the DVD. I just had #2 and I had several requested several books-others on breastfeeding and the Baby Whisperer, but no one bought me books. You could also throw in some pacifiers and a Baby Einstein video.

Baby on the Go basket-maybe a sling or other baby carrier. Fleece Bundle Me (just on clearance at Target)

Venus
Mom to JT (10/02) and Brooke (1/06)

mommato2boys
02-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Here are some ideas I have done: (and along with the gift basket, I ALWAYS get child #1 a little gift, doesn't have to be much, a little john deere tractor or a barbie doll, just something that the older child can have while so much focus is on the baby)

1- My favorite items bag: a taggie (www.taggie.com), a silkie (www.comfortsilke.com), bumpkin bibs (I LOVE these bibs, they have been used through three kids and still look good!), a cute stuffed animal, binkies, great blankets that I have found, anything that worked well for me!!!

2- A diaper bag, filled with all diapering supplies, powder, diaper disposal bags, wipes, butt cream (flanders is the best I have found), diapers. You get the idea!

3- Some unique baby toys, maybe some wooden ones, that aren't found in everyday stores.