PDA

View Full Version : Our TRUS is closing -- need help decided on these 2 items

Babywhite
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
One of our TRUS stores is closing. We want to get a sandbox for my parents' house and a water table for our house. (We aren't interested in the combo ones.) I have noticed that there are several different size sandboxes. Can anyone recommend one that works well with 2 kids (I saw a crab, turtle, brown box looking one, etc.)? Also, I have only heard comments about the Step 2 water table. Are there any other ones out there that we should consider?

TIA

R.W.

bluestar2
02-09-2006, 01:35 AM
We just got the green Little Tikes turtle sandbox and it's a big hit. I like that there is a lid since we have a cat, and that we can empty out the sand and put water in it for water play or even a small kiddie pool (thanks for the idea Jessica, redhookmom!)

The only downside so far is that it is a bit small for two kids. I have two years olds and they barely fit in it. I have heard there is a larger dinosaur one out there but I haven't seen it. Also, since it is round, it takes up a good chunk of space. A square shaped one might work better if you were looking for something to put up against a wall.