PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting/did you get your 3-year-old for his/her "big" birthday present?

mattysmom
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
DS turns 3 next weekend and my parents are asking what to get him. I was thinking of some sort of Like-a-bike or vehicle - he's obsessed with all things car/construction related and has LOTS of energy to burn.

I'd love to hear about what people are getting/have gotten for their dc (or other presents that were given to him/her that were a big hit!)

Thanks!

deannanb
02-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Do you have a swing set yet? DS (age 10) got a set when he was 3 - and it is still in great shape for DS (15 months)

cdlamis
02-09-2006, 10:20 PM
For Christmas, Julia (3 1/2) received her first real bike with training wheels. We had no clue that she could even ride one of these until she got on one at the toy store. It was her favorite gift.

For her 4th birthday, we plan on buying her an upholstered chair from toddlerock.com or the ones from PBK.

I am curious to see what others suggest! At this point they have so much stuff!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

stefani
02-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Does he have a tricycle? My DS is 2.5 years old and he loves the Kiddio Supertrike 1. It is not a really "big" present, but you can get a Kettler with all the bells and whistles of course.

HTH!

fauve01
02-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm planning on getting DD a dollhouse for her 3rd birthday. She's all about pretend play with her little people. i think it would be great for a boy too, or you could get one of those treehouse dollhouses.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's responses.

Anne + DD 10-03

annasmom
02-11-2006, 07:51 AM
We still have a long way to go, but I actually already bought my dd the dollhouse I will be giving her for her 3rd birthday. I just couldn't resist the 50% off sale at creativebrains! This just gives me time to buy all of the dolls and furniture on sale. I also agree with another poster who said that a dollhouse/treehouse would be great for a boy as well.