PDA

View Full Version : What's Fair Pricing on 2nd hand baby gear

niccig
02-10-2006, 12:52 PM
75%, 50% or 25% of original price? I've got an opportunity to sell some of DS's baby gear at a local mum's group, but I'm not sure what is fair pricing. I have to drop off the gear this afternoon. Specifically, I have:

the euro bath (loved it, but too big to store)

tiny love symphony deluxe mobile (DS hated it, used twice)

first years close and secure sleeper (used 2 or 3 times before put away as cosleeping didn't work for us)

Everything else we have, we're still using or keeping.

TIA

Nicci

Pennylane
02-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I think clothes probably go for about 25% of the original price, gear 50-75% of the price(closer to 75 if it hasn't been used much. I actually made money on my co-sleeper! The mobiles I would also say 50%. Check ebay and see what the items you have are selling for there.

Hope this helps,
Ann

kijip
02-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Unless things are like new I would say 30-60% of CURRENT new price. So if you paid $200 but it is now clearanced at BRU or wherever for $100, $30-60 is a reasonable price. If it is like new 75-80%. There are some exceptions for strollers or other hard to find brands or whatever.

KBecks
02-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I agree with Katie, and was going to say around 30% to 50% seems fair to both seller and buyer. Of course, it depends on the specific item as well, and the item's condition. You may price up or down.

Also, it depends on how much you want to part with the item. You may price the Eurobath lower if it's important to you to get it out of the house and free up the space, for example.

aliceinwonderland
02-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I recently sold my $180+ retail Chicco Mamma High chair that was in great condition for only $20 on craig's list, mainly because it was taking up all this room in my kitchen and not being used (DS is in a booster seat). So I agree that pricing can be very subjective. On the other hand, I came out almost even when selling my pram, as the used price was very close to the deeply discounted new price we bought it at.