PDA

View Full Version : what if I have to decide between an easel and a table-chair set?

ht265
02-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Not that I'm cheap, I just don't have enough space in my apartment. I figured if they're both used for the arts activities, I can save some space for a train table in the future. Please help me to decide. TIA!

annasmom
02-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Personally, I would get the table and chair set. My dd uses her table and chairs ALL day long having different meals, tea, etc. with her dolls and animals. But that is her, she can play that way all day long. And, she was just sitting at her table this morning making her "grocery list," so I could definitely see us using it for arts and crafts too.

We love our easel, but I can only let her use it at selected times, or do any arts and crafts projects for that matter, because my ds will start throwing crayons, trying to grab the paints, paper, etc., knock down the easel, you get the picture! ;) Needless to say we don't use our easel as much as I would like. Perhaps when my ds gets a bit older (hopefully)!

lizamann
02-13-2006, 03:33 PM
How about a table and chairs, and a table-top easel? If I had to choose one, it would be tough since dd loves her easel, but the table and chairs do get more use so that makes more sense.

sdbc
02-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Ditto--we use both a lot, but dd likes to have her meals at her table and use playdough, do puzzles, etc. If you don't get an easel, I like the big floor pads of paper by Crayola. They have a large coloring surface. Before the easel, we just stored it flat under the couch.

ETA: you could tape a big piece of paper to a wall or window if you want to do vertical art. Just use washable crayons and paint!

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

Beth568
02-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I agree - table sets are more versatile. And when my DD was younger, we did exactly what Sue suggested - taped bi pieces of paper to the wall. She likes her easel, but we often end up putting it away during play dates, because it's much easier for 2 or 3 kids to sit at the table together than it is for them to share the easel.

Oh, and my 14 month old does, on occasion, knock the easel down or pull it down on top of herself. She can also manage to fall off the little chairs we have, but I can easily move those so she can still stand and scribble at the table, and she hasn't yet managed to move that around and hurt herself.

ht265
02-13-2006, 10:16 PM
I know you guys always helpful! I never thought of getting a table-top easel or taping a piece of paper for vertical art. Now think of it, I agree table and chair set has more function than an easel. Problem solved! Thanks guys!

Jo..
02-14-2006, 08:11 AM
OMG! STOP! HOLD THE PRESSES! I just came across this in my never-ending baby/kid browsing, and I immediately remembered reading your post!

I never knew something like this existed, but this seems custom-made for your situation. $39.99 includes free shipping (I think I saw somewhere that free shipping ends today 2/14 though so HURRY)!!!

Versatile multi-purpose table is ideal for eating, games, crafts and more! 3 height adjustments let it grow along with your child. It also converts easily to an easel for art projects -- just tilt the table up and lock it into position. Two handy clips hold paper for drawing or painting (paper not included).

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/Toys-Detail.aspx?Product_ID=3200&Description=Adjust+n+Draw%e2%84%a2+Table&ProductCategory=SPECIALS

HTH!!!

jeniferrlynne
02-14-2006, 11:26 AM
How cute! Maybe this will work for her-

ht265
02-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Darn! I didn't check this site for last two days and I missed the free shipping from target on that cute table. I'll wait for the next free shipping offer since DS is still young for lots of artworks.

Jo..
02-23-2006, 05:38 AM
I was worried you would miss it :( I even tried to pm or email you but I couldn't figure out how. Hopefully they'll have free shipping again soon, I thought this was a really great deal!