PDA

View Full Version : Not thrilled with kinderzeat

miki
02-14-2006, 09:22 AM
I think I may be the only one but I'm not in love with the kinderzeat (ordered from Great Beginnings with 15% off and free shipping). I ordered it because she's really getting kind of big for her highchair and we have cushy upholstered dining chairs that would probably get messed up with a booster. I imagined the kinderzeat would be taller than it is. Maybe we just have a taller than average dining table but even with the seat in the highest slot, my very tall toddler still sits kind of low. The tabletop is just slightly below her armpits, nothing like the elbow level the instructions recommend. I'm even tempted to return it but then I'd have to eat the shipping charges. It even crossed my mind I could try to sell it locally since it's essentially brand new but I let DD pick the color, lime green, and that can't be very popular. However, DD loves the chair a lot. She's eaten 2 meals in it and fed herself very nicely--which she never really does in her highchair.

mudder17
02-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Hmm...maybe it is your table? Kaya tried out her friend's kinderzeat and really seemed to like it. I think the table did go up to approximately where her elbows where, but Kaya has a long torso, so maybe that's why it worked okay? In any case, even if it seems like it might be kind of low now, and your DD seems to really like it, I would just keep it, especially because she'll just keep on growing. :) That said, DH said to put off the purchase of the kinderzeat until she actually outgrows her highchair/starts hating it. Since she's still happy with her high chair at the moment, I think we'll see if we can wait until the next good price, especially because we have to pay sales tax for GB, which doesn't make it quite as good a deal for us.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

kijip
02-14-2006, 02:45 PM
If she likes it, keep it since she is only going to get taller from here!

But if decide to sell it, I think you could recoup what you paid. Lime green is a fun color and I am sure you could find a buyer on CL or where ever in a reasonably populated area.

Momof3Labs
02-14-2006, 04:09 PM
You must have a tall table. We moved DS into his Kinderzeat at about 18 months of age (he is also tall, but all legs) and the table was at elbow height. In fact, almost 2 years later, we haven't had to change the settings, and he's definitely grown!

Since she likes it, and the height doesn't seem to bother her, I'd keep it.

californiagirl
02-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Well, if she loves it and feeds herself nicely, it seems to be working out even if it's the "wrong" height. FWIW, ours seems short, too; we have it on the highest setting and it's a good height, but DD was 18 months when she got it and is almost 2 now! But it really works for her. (And for my full-grown but short SIL who uses it when we play games after DD goes to bed...)

JacksMommy
02-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Lime green is actually a pretty hot color right now, so I'd be surprised if you have trouble reselling, esp if you are in an area where moms know about these things. I think your table must be on the tall side - we've been using our Zeat (with baby bar) since DD was 6 months old without trouble.

If your table is high, you may also have trouble with booster seats so consider trying some out to make sure they work for you before selling your Zeat.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

squimp
02-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Our Kinderzeat is a little short for our dining table as well, and I've seen one or two other folks complain about it here too. It bothered me at first, but we just put it in the highest slot, and she has eventually grown into it. I think it was about armpit level at first too, but that was at 15 months. I actually forgot all about it. I wonder if having a cushion would help, especially if your DD likes it and is eating well in it.