PDA

View Full Version : bumbo seat/bebepod..yes or no? update

cchavez
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I am thinking about getting one of these for DD#2....is it worth the money? Also, is one better than the other? Thanks.

update: I just ordered the bebe pod. I noticed there were some reviews for the bebepod on target.com. One reviewer said she thought the leg area was bigger/wider than the bumbo. My DD already has really chubby legs so I thought this might work better for her. Plus I can return this item to any target store w/in 90 days that wouldn't apply to the bumbo. hth

My total for the order was 34.09. Right now there is free shipping on this item and I used a 10% discount code.

doberbrat
02-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I love my bumbo seat. DD is 14w and can occasionally sit up for a second or 2 by herself. I think its b/c of the bumbo seat. I've used it since she was about 7w old initially just for a few minutes <5 and working our way up. If she slumps sideways, its b/c she's tired and we move her but its a g-dsend for dinner. We just sit her in the middle of our diningroom table between dh and I and have a nice family dinner together.

I also use it when I'm emptying the dishwasher sometimes. I put her on top of the counter (I'm always within arms reach) and we chatter away. I love having her in something that doesnt press against her head. I may be vain, but Im tired of her hair being worn away in the back already.

sidmand
02-16-2006, 05:14 PM
I've heard good things about both, but DS didn't like his Bumbo Seat at all. We may have started with it too late (4 or 5 months), but he was a big guy (almost to the limits of the seat) and just never really took to it.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

BaileyBea
02-16-2006, 11:50 PM
I love love love our Bumbo seat. NOw I don't know which is better the Bebepod or the Bumbo. They are expensive but I really feel it's worth the money. My DH is super frugal and he has commented that the Bumbo is one of the best purchases we have made.

We started using it at around 3 months but wished I had started it earlier. Here are some ways we used it and ways it helped.

I really felt it strengthened DS's back. He sits up straight as a board and our Pediatrician has commented on this. He has such nice posture and we owe it to the Bumbo. He sat on his own w/o tipping over withing a week of using the Bumbo which was amazing.

I set up a breakfast tray in front of him w/toys that he could play with while he sat in the Bumbo. This was awsome because I could make dinner and he would be there with me playing on the floor.

We have a wooden high chair and DS was really too small for it at 6 months when he began eating solids. We could squeeze the Bumbo in the high chair and sit DS up higher in the chair. Plus is cushy and comfy. Not to mention it keeps him from being a wiggly worm. DS will be 1 year in two weeks and the Bumbo is still in use in the high chair. I just strap a belt around his middle and we've had no problems.

HTH

Jo..
02-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Can someone comment on the "feel" of these? I have been unable to find either one to see in person.
I noticed the Bumbo seat says it's made of "soft foam", whereas the Bebepod looks like it's hard plastic.
I personally like the colors of the Bebepod better, but I wonder if the Bumbo is cushy (like a soft toilet seat),
and therefore more comfy? Comments about the hardness factor of either seat would be appreciated. Thanks!

sidmand
02-17-2006, 08:04 AM
I don't have any experience with the Bebepod, but the Bumbo seat is softish foam. It's a bit cushier than hard plastic would be, but it's kind of form-fitting as well, so it doesn't give a heck of a lot. Not sure how much that helps. I've seen the Bebepod and I believe it is hard plastic, but seeing how DS likes his booster seat (which is hard plastic with a tiny layer of fabric!) I don't think that would bother most babies too much.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

AddiesMom
02-17-2006, 08:24 AM
At first I thought no way am I spending $40 on a chair, but when I did some research on-line I heard nothing but good things about the Bumbo. I got it right when DD turned 3 months old and she loves it. Sometimes I place it on her paymat and she gets an entire new view on the toys hanging down.

I haven't seen the BebePod, but I recommend the Bumbo. Also, when I was in the store picking it up, there was another customer with a preemie in the hospital. She said her daughter's occupational therapist said it is a 'must have'.

BarbieSmith
02-20-2006, 05:26 PM
I am glad you got one. I think you will like it. My Ava likes her fairly well (not *totally* though, because it means she is not being carried, which is her very favorite thing, of course). I put a collapsible tray in front of her with her toys and it is a great "desk" for her. She is almost a year old and we use it all the time even now.

Barbie

seeks1
02-20-2006, 05:35 PM
I thought the bebepod was hard plastic but I saw it in person and it is light foam like the Bumbo but cuter IMO!