PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot Books co-op?

JacksMommy
02-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi, I have an option to order from Barefoot Books at a 40% discount, plus shipping. We'd need to have 12 books ordered. I'm looking to keep this small, though! Please let me know if you would be interested.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

annasmom
02-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Laurel, I would definitely be interested if the cds are included. I am interested in buying at least 3. Thanks!

JacksMommy
02-16-2006, 05:57 PM
We can get anything on the site www.barefootbooks.com. I don't think that sale items would be further discounted, though.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

redhookmom
02-16-2006, 06:10 PM
I am very interested. You could count on me for at least 6. :-)

annasmom
02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Laurel, I just want to make sure - a lot (if not all) of the books and cds that I am interested in are listed as having a "special offer price" -- these would NOT be included in this offer, correct?

annasmom
02-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Laurel, I just want to make sure - a lot (if not all) of the books and cds that I am interested in are listed as having a "special offer price" -- these would NOT be included in this offer, correct?

JacksMommy
02-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm just not sure, I'm sure we can still get them, I'm just not sure what the discount would be. I'll check and get back to you (probably tomorrow).

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

annasmom
02-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Cool, I am definitely in. Just let me know whenever you get a chance. Thanks!

mominjune
02-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Their books look really neat, I'm sure I could find some to buy, probably 2-3?

I am not familiar with Barefoot books, does anyone have recommendations for 2 year olds in terms of books and CDs? Any favorites? There is much information on their website, but I thought this might be easier. ;)

I've learned lots of things through the BBB and always learning more!
Thanks in advance!!

Jen
DD 6/04

crl
02-16-2006, 08:32 PM
DS is a big fan of Jump Into January. And I would be interested in two to four books at a discount.
Thanks!

holliam
02-17-2006, 08:16 AM
I would be, if there is still room! They have great Spanish and bilingual books and just really wonderful books!

Holli

hillview
02-17-2006, 09:12 AM
I would be interested ... 4-5 board books for us!
thanks,
/hillary

calv
02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
we'd be interested since it seems like they have biligual books. :)

JacksMommy
02-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi ladies, if you are interested in ordering, please read this carefully!

Here's the deal: Please e-mail me at lhmccarthy @ comcast.net (no spaces) with your order. I must receive your order by 9 AM Wednesday, February 23 and paypal (to the above address) by 5 PM on the same day.

I'm asking that you paypal me your order total prior to my placing the order. Then when I receive the books, I will total up shipping costs separately and e-mail you with your shipping total. You will then need to paypal me that money prior to my actually shipping the items.

Your order total is 40% off the full price of the book, plus $1 per book to cover tax and the cost of shipping the book to me.

Many books are on a special price - unfortunately, I am not able to find out whether we will get an additional discount off those books. At the very least, you will get 40% off the full price, which is generally lower than the special price. If I find out later that we can get 40% off the sale price (which would be the case if they are discontinuing some of these books), I will let you know individually if that is the case with your order. Please do not order any specially priced books if you are not willing to pay 40% of full price.

A good friend whose mother has a store is handling this for me - I don't feel I can ask her to do a lot of work and answer a lot of questions for me since she is not herself needing any barefoot stuff at this time.

If you are ordering music or a set of some sort, please be aware that it may not be offered at this discount. Please indicate whether you would want it if it is not at the wholesale price (ie. full price). I should be able to find that out prior to placing the order. ETA: Storyteller CDs are discounted.

Please keep in mind that as I am going through a friend and then her mother, I am unable to control how quickly this will happen. You should expect it to be at least a month before you get the books. Hopefully faster, but no guarantees. I've done this before with me friend and she gets annoyed if I ask a lot about when things are going to happen (since she has to in turn push her mom, who gets crabby). So I'm not willing to pester her. I CAN guarantee that once I have the loot in my hands, it will be shipped out quite quickly.

Oh, one more thing, I will be wrapping the goods in newspaper and then in brown paper bag paper. If you have CDs, I will be extra careful with padding them. If you really want a box, let me know, I may have to add an extra $1 to the shipping cost.

I'm sure I've forgotten something! I'll be available all day for questions, but may not be online much over the weekend (although I'll be able to answer questions at least once a day), so you'll get a faster answer if you can write me today.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

JacksMommy
02-20-2006, 11:40 AM
I had some requests to extend the deadline a few days because of the holiday. I forgot all about that! So I've extended the deadline through Wednesday (and amended my post, above).

Thanks!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

mom to little e
02-20-2006, 02:18 PM
What a great deal! Thanks so much for sharing! I will definitely be placing an order with you. I've been receiving their catalogs and have been wanting to place an order for some time.

Maryann

Ean 11/03
Mia 01/06

bricorssk
02-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Thank you so much for doing this! I will decide what I want tommorrow!

calv
02-21-2006, 07:02 AM
how do we place our order? just email you?

JacksMommy
02-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Yep, just e-mail me, as above. :)
Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04