PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the new Chicco highchair if not which one do you like and why???

marisa29
02-17-2006, 09:10 AM
The Chicco got an average rating in the book, but that was based on their older model. Anyone use the new one??
TIA!
Marisa

twodogs
02-17-2006, 01:46 PM
I have the chicco Polly, which I bought at BRU. I like that the seat is vinyl and easy to wipe clean (no ruffle like most of the FP ones). The browns go with our decor, at least better than brighter colors. The seat is pretty padded, and it has a five point harness, which is nice. The tray comes out easily with one hand. The foot print (front to back) is pretty big, so make sure you have the space (unless you plan on folding it up after each meal). My baby is only 8 months, so don't know how it will do when she is self-feeding, but for now it works well.

Joolsplus2
02-18-2006, 08:48 AM
I just bought the Polly for my newborn...the reason I got it is because it reclines a LOT and the footrest comes up, so it's practically like a bassinet (we have a dog that wants to be ON the baby, and she's nicely out of puppy's reach up here in her Polly :). So far, it adjusts easily (that's why I nixed the Graco...it seemed sticky and difficult to work with) and I have lots of room in my kitchen/great room and can roll her around so she can see me. The vinyl seems easy to clean, and there are 2 pads, so if you have to take the top one off, there's at least the other one under there. I love the brown/orange/neutral fabric in my kitchen, too. (and, it has two removeable plastic tray covers, and of course the plain tray... pretty cool for the neatfreaks among us).

Our friend's 10 mo seemed happy when we fed him in it the other night, too (the footrest going up made him really comfy, it seemed!)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

pinkmomagain
02-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I bought it this weekend for my 4.5 mo old. I like the chair, very cushy. Goes well with decor. Nice to have the 2 tray inserts and two chair covers. I guess my only complaint is that my little peanut (about 13 lbs) is swimming in the straps. I tightened them to (what I think) is the fullest, but she can still get her arms out. The tray has a crotch bar attached which I think would prevent her from slipping out, but I still stick really close by her when she is in it. (This could possibly be a problem I'd have with any highchair, I just don't know.)

I was also looking at the FP Easy Clean, but that seemed very flimsy.

HTH
Gina