PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive B-day gifts for 2 yr old boy

jacksmomtobe
02-20-2006, 09:36 PM
I was looking for suggestions for gifts on the inexpensive side so when relatives ask what ds wants for his 2nd Birthday I could give them some ideas. He is really into trucks, cars, & Elmo (though he does not watch tv..he knows Elmo from books, diapers, etc). He enjoys stickers as well. He also loves books. He does have a ton of trucks and a fair amount of books however maybe there are some unique items out there. He doesn't really have any ride on toys. Typically we prefer toys that aren't too noisy. There have been a few exceptions such as the Leap Frog Table and the Alphabet refrigerator box. I guess I prefer if the toy doesn't involve pretend play that it be educational in some way. We're thinking about getting him a Kettler and/or a train table but I don't want our relatives to spend that kind of money on a gift. I would appreciate some ideas.

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
02-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Sticker books
Trains or track for his train table (can do $10-25 gifts in this range, easily)

o_mom
02-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Matchbox cars (5 pack is $4.99)
Color Wonder supplies (extra paper or markers)
Little people - The farm or castle are around $20, you could pick one and then have people get the "expansion sets" which are usually $10-15

brittone2
02-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Would he have any interest in play food? Now that Target is carrying wooden play food that would be accessible and the price is pretty good. AC Moore often carries Melissa and Doug items...something like the pizza party or birthday cake cutting sets would be cute and under $20. Play toaster? Play coffee maker? (DS just turned 2, and he got a coffee maker from us for Christmas. I think he likes it as much as his train table!!).

Art supplies? Paint brushes, finger paints, watercolors, crayons, glue stick?

Does he like Little People? If you are okay with plastic those sets are pretty reasonably priced.

Puzzles?

Child sized broom or rake? Weird but DS loves things like that as he can imitate us as we do our work. Brio makes child-sized brooms. Our local independent toy store sells them. I've seen them at TRU too I think.

Blocks, Legos, or Megablocks types of things?

Tonka truck? DS got a toy cement mixer (we keep it in his sandbox) for Christmas that he adores.

sdbc
02-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I second art supplies. Also, playdough and plastic cookie cutters.
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

jerseygirl
02-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Aquadoodle sheets - they have them in Elmo and Thomas the Train versions. It's about $10 for 3 sheets.

Melissa and Doug cutting food

riding horse? - not sure what these are really called. But its a horse's head on a stick. They had them at Costco and TRU

Dress up clothes

Maritess

kimbe
02-21-2006, 01:25 PM
We really like Rich Frog toys around here. They aren't too expensive and they have great bath time stuff!

jenmcadams
02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
I just put together a bath time toy for a 2 yr old boy. We included bath paint, a bath flute, and some of those bath pellets that turn the water different colors.