PDA

View Full Version : Arbonne baby products and eczema??

Sopamanda
02-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Does anyone have experience with Arbonne's baby product line? DS and I both have eczema and he always gets a rash the morning after the bath (and I use aveno!). Has anyone tried them??? Thoughts???
AM

winifredzb
02-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Their products are good. I'm not trying to take anything away from Arbonne, but I would suggest trying some products from Whole Foods (if you have one near you). My youngest daughter has had some eczema problems in the past and I switched to body wash and shampoos from Whole Foods (different brands) and the problem really cleared up for her. I think the secret is the fact they do not have any of the chemicals (lauryl and laureth sulfates) that commercial soap products contain.

I hope this helps -- I'm sure someone on the board is MUCH more knowledgable about this than me!

brittone2
02-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Completely agree with the above post. We used Arbonne when DS was first born as I had gotten some products from a demonstration I attended at a friend's house. It smells great and worked well (even though DS had slightly sensitive skin). One thing I did not like, and they may have reformulated it by now as I heard mention that it was going to happen, is that some of their lotion contains nut oils (which can be sensitizing for other nut allergies theoretically).

We now use other products that are paraben/SLS free. Arbonne contains a lot of natural ingredients, but IMO they aren't super natural overall, despite the marketing.

The products smelled quite yum though :)

Sopamanda
02-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Okay, I've noticed this in other posts, but what exactly does that mean? And how do I check for nut oils (will it be obvious in the ingredient list??)
The baby stuff isn't smelly--that's what we like!!
Also, I like the sample of baby oil I got. Is there a danger in using baby oils??
Thanks ladies!

winifredzb
02-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Nut oils: I would ask your representative. You could try reading the ingredient list. Otherwise I wouldn't know how you would know.

There are cosmetic ingredient dictionaries online -- you could use these for words you are not familiar with.

Good Luck!

94bruin
02-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Could you tell me the brand names of the shampoo & body wash you bought from Whole Food? I'm looking for something to help dd's eczema problem.

brittone2
02-22-2006, 10:45 PM
The nut oil was listed if I remember right. I think it was macademia nut oil?? They may have reformulated since then...I remember reading that they were at least considering it as a result of concerns over nut oils being in there.

As far as baby oils, the big risk is if a child ever inhales them while trying to drink it (mineral oil is really bad for this but Arbonne doesn't use mineral oil).

We never used any oils but just check the ingredients to make sure you feel okay about what is in it.

beccaneck
03-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I whole-heartedly recommend the entire Arbonne Baby Care line!!! I'm due with my first in June and can't wait to see the results on my own child, but I have countless friends that have seen amazing results from Arbonne's Baby Care products. Several of their kids suffered severely from exzema and the Arbonne products are the only thing that worked for them. They also reformulated the entire line last year to be free of all nut oils, so now you don't have to worry about our little ones that have nut allergies.

The Diaper Rash Cream is absolutely amazing and we've found more than one way to use it in our household. My husbasnd is a fireman and gets chaffing under his arms and on his legs from his heavy gear. He uses the Diaper Rash Cream when it gets irritated and it's normally gone within a day or so.

One more thing, baby oil (and any product that goes on our skin for that matter) can be great for babies as long as there isn't any mineral oil or derivatives of mineral oil. Mineral oil simply creates a barrier on top of the skin that doesn't let the good stuff that may be in the product in, or the body's natural toxins out. All of Arbonne's products are manufactured without mineral oil so you know that your baby's skin is actually benefiting from the botanical ingredients.

manda7_23
03-11-2006, 02:43 PM
I don't have experience with the product you mentioned but my DD has had eczema since 5 months. I can tell you what we do use that has helped tremendously (these are all reccomendations from her allergist) : A short, lukewarm bath everyday (no longer than 10 min.), we only use soap when necessary and when we do it is Dove for sensitive skin bar soap, pat dry and moisturize with Vanicream (available at your pharmacy, they will normally have to order it). Hope this has helped some!

Amanda

vdrake71
03-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I just wanted to let you know what is working for my DS eczema (it is on his back). I have been using Bert Bee Apricot Oil in his bath and putting Aquaphor on his entire body. It seems to be working for him and his body is nice and soft.

bee
03-14-2006, 08:13 PM
I've been using the baby lotion and diaper cream. The baby lotion has totally cleared up my sons eczema. I recommend it to anyone!

storage2
03-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I completely agree with the raves..... I had never heard of this product and received it as a gift! LOVE IT! Live in a cold, dry climate and my son had terrible dry skin. The lotion and baby wash cleared it right up!

Dayna